Computer Save my sanity - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th January 2010, 15:08 Thread Starter

Save my sanity

I'm 99% convinced I've seen a thread/post/wiki page on this site that details the ability to change the colours used on the sat-nav lcd to *custom* colours, not just the appalling pre-set colours Honda bestowed upon us.

The blue colour scheme I prefer to use makes it very difficult to ascertain what mode the climate control is in - c'mon white or grey icons...who on earth thought that one through and figured there was enough contrast!! I end up pressing the mode button several times so the eyes can 'see' a moving colour change, then eventually settle on the mode I actually want.

If I can 'edit' the colours used there, I would be very happy

Any takers on a location for this info? (I've tried the three finger salute to get into the diagnostics, and searched the wiki here...)

Last edited by Chilled; 12th January 2010 at 17:24.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th January 2010, 16:07
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilled View Post
I'm 99% convinced I've seen a thread/post/wiki page on this site that details the ability to change the colours used on the sat-nav lcd to *custom* colours, not just the appalling pre-set colours Honda bestowed upon us.

The blue colour scheme I prefer to use makes it very difficult to ascertain what mode the climate control is in - c'mon white or grey icons...who on earth thought that one through and figured there was enough contrast!! I end up pressing the mode button several times so the eyes can 'see' a moving colour change, then eventually settle on the mode I actually want.

If I can 'edit' the colours used there, I would be very happy

Any takers on a location for this info? (I've tried the three finger salute to get into the diagnostics, and searched the wiki here...)
It can be done thats for sure. I just cant remenber how!! Try going into the sat nav settings not the diagnostics and im sure its in there somewhere.

Last edited by mrh339; 12th January 2010 at 16:14.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th January 2010, 16:19

Car: 2016 1.8 SR. Sporty Blue
Question c0lours

I have changed mine once or twice , but only from instructions on page 84 0f Sat Nav book, I take it you want more than this

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th January 2010, 17:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yup, the destruction tome (500+ page book, for a car!!) only details how to change the preset colour schemes.

There is a hack detailed, somewhere that gets you into the actual colours used. As I said above, white & grey are a pretty ridiculous colour combo, when you need a high contrast, easily distinguishable identifier as to what mode the climate control is in <_<
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 20th January 2010, 14:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Well, my sanity wasn't saved.

I found the page that allows you to change the colours, but only for the sat nav mapping details, nothing else

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Tags
colours , custom , sat nav

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page