Electrics Dtc pa10 b1029 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 4th March 2017, 16:54 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 2.2 5dr EX Galaxy Grey
Question Dtc pa10 b1029

Hello chaps,

hoping someone can help. today i had a look on here trying to find out why my aircon wont blow cold, even though the light is on.

One of the recommendations was to check the relay in the engine fuse box. So did this noticed its got a MITSUBA version in there which is good as ive read up on OMRON versions being plagued with issues. Anyway, took it out to check it shook it about checked the pins looked all fine and plugged it back in, turned on the ignition hoping aircon would kick into life...and now instead the glow-plug (loop light) continually flashes and ENGINE CHECK with EML symbol comes up in the display. Wasnt expecting that!

Immediately, I tried to get my U480 scanner to reader hoping to clear any code but it seems it doesnt like it. Next done the foil in fuse-box trick to read the DTC code - comes up with PA10 B1029. took photo and followed instructions and cleared it. Switched off and on again , and immediately its back again. did this several times always came back.

I then came back on here, checked the code out on here again found lots of threads to it thinking it will only be a matter of time and i'll get rid of it....but oh no! this code is stubborn! Even with various suggestions....including battery disconnect 30 mins, and i have even disconnected and reconnected the passenger seat airbag plugs, its just not clearing. Ive also even swapped the relays (from my dads new 2016 CRV - which has plenty of omron ones!) in and out, but the code just stays.

So my question is what have i done? removing a relay surely just cant throw these codes! So has anyone got any other ideas?

i havent driven it, but going to have to shortly to get home....i do hope thats uneventful.

(aircon still not working by the way, no pressure in low line even when engine running so i think i may have a leak somewhere or the compressor is up the swanny)

anyone close who has a tool to attempt clearing via OBD port? maybe thats the only way?!

to be honest any help would be much appreciated!!

GJ

06 2.2 iCDTI EX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 4th March 2017, 22:35

B1029=Air Discharge Temperature Sensor (Right) Panel Short to Ground
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 4th March 2017, 22:39 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris89 View Post

Thanks kris89 yeh saw that too in a list of codes on a post but no explaination! So no idea what this is or where to look for it - any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 4th March 2017, 22:43 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris89 View Post

Actually tell a lie...referenced to a airbag...someone even changed thier airbag and this code still persisted...

Weirdly enough tho, i posted a few days ago about an airbag warning that briefly came up during a flickering dash startup....related? Im not convinced since todays episode was a result of me removing an aircon relay??

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 6th March 2017, 15:34 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

OK just to update you all, just had the car put on my mechanics diagnostics tool and had this code (and others!) cleared.

others included ABS, Steering and in-car systems which i think relates to an alarm system issue (no siren) ive discovered from this!

i mentioned i'd removed the aircon relay and the tool came up with a aircon fault, so he seems to think its to do with that.

its going back in on Wednesday (to have injector seals replaced) and he's going to look at the aircon for me too.

I will update after

GJ
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th August 2017, 23:27

Sorry to ressurect this thread but I have the same error code ... PA10 DTC B1029

The aircon doesnt work either, checked the fuse and that was okay but the relay rattled when I took it out. I replaced that but still get the error and the aircon still doesnt work.

Just wondered if you had any luck sorting yours?

Bit confusing as Ive read that others have had this code but theirs was something to do with an ultrasonic sensor?

Anyway, any info greatly appreciated! This is my first honda, a 2.2 diesel, and Im really loving it. Apart from the annoying orange pgm error thingy that is XD
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 29th August 2017, 12:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by khorba View Post
Sorry to ressurect this thread but I have the same error code ... PA10 DTC B1029

The aircon doesnt work either, checked the fuse and that was okay but the relay rattled when I took it out. I replaced that but still get the error and the aircon still doesnt work.

Just wondered if you had any luck sorting yours?

Bit confusing as Ive read that others have had this code but theirs was something to do with an ultrasonic sensor?

Anyway, any info greatly appreciated! This is my first honda, a 2.2 diesel, and Im really loving it. Apart from the annoying orange pgm error thingy that is XD

Apololgies for the late reply.

I ended up getting it cleared by my mechanic, i dont think the code was actually anything to do with the Aircon at all.

The mere fact i pulled the aircon relay just sprung and Engine Check and Glowplug lights up. In the end the aircon was fixed by replacing the condensor.

I confused myself over Engine Check and Diagnostic Trouble Codes. The PA codes lead me to work out that my alarm wasnt working properly - a previous owner i beleive has silenced the siren in the rear by probably disconnecting it.

Hope that makes sense!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page