Alarm Flashing indicators and alarm - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 7th March 2017, 14:33 Thread Starter

Car: 2015 CR-V EX 2015
Flashing indicators and alarm

Hi all,

Well first the sad news... I am no longer a proud owner of a civic anymore I had to sell up after many years of joyful driving my EX but before I go the following happened, I searched and couldn't find an answer/reason.

So the problem started when I couldn't open the boot via the boot button, car started fine... eventually I opened using the emergency release inside the boot but still didn't open from the outside.

The day after I noticed that when a door was opened the indicators would flash once, when a door was closed it would flash 3 times like when you lock and unlock the car. For the life of me I couldn't find out what was going on, I even looked up replacing the alarm battery, door lock buttons on the driver door.. So I took the car for a long drive... viola! everything works fine again and then it hit me...

My battery is about 3 years old, previous nights were freezing in the minus figures, taking it for a drive charged it up again, so I can only assume my Civic decided to warn me the battery was low on charge?

Not heard of it before or maybe I was too lazy to read the manual... anyway hope this helps someone.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page