Add-on nav New Civic Sat Nav Power Question - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th January 2010, 14:05 Thread Starter

New Civic Sat Nav Power Question

Hi guys (and gals, it is 2010 after all...), I've just made the executive decision to trade in my '06 Aygo for the delights that an '08 Type R GT can provide. Quite the change, plus i'm only 23 so insurance is a killer!

I was going to look for one with the Sat Nav and HFT originally but have dropped that idea after seeing the quality of the sat nav and instead, will be getting the TomTom iPhone car kit and mounting it on the dash above the centre blowers. I'd also then install the IO Play kit for blue-toothing music to the stereo (alas missing out on the steering wheel controls possible with an ICE style iPod/iPhone install).

My question is the following, is there anyway to install a power connection in the dash somehow without having a wire dangling down my dash constantly and in the way of the gearstick?

Thanks for reading and I respectfully await a reply!

Cheers,
Dogtanian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th January 2010, 16:42
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
It's been done - you take a permanent 'feed' from the cigarette lighter, under the console and up behind \ beside the cubby-hole with the lid ...

Of course, you'd need to make an exit hole in the dash (with a rubber grommet in it for neatness) ...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th January 2010, 17:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Sounds dangerous

Thanks for that. I would hope it wouldn't significantly devalue the car but what do you think? And I guess I could even ask the company I use to install the IO Play to install if i'm not 100% on doing it myself? Obviously I wouldn't trust Halfords (UK chain) to do the job!

The dash removal job looks pretty dire on the Civic so it's either gonna be get somebody good to help or a fully professional job I suppose.

You'd think they would think of these things...

Cheers again.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 18th January 2010, 18:07
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
I wouldn't try it myself, either ...

But, it can and has been done - also for fitting (say) an 'aux-in' connection for an ".MP3" player, which is missing form the pre-2009 models ...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page