2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

TomTom incorrect safety camera alert

Safety Cameras 
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  gray52 
#1 ·
Hi, I got a TomTom One navigation from friend, but problem is it keep telling me the opposite side of cameras, it gives me too many alert!! which is really annoying me. I'm thinking of buying brand new navigation, which hopefully tell me only my side of the road camera. Was wondering between TomTom go 550 and Garmin 1490T. Has anyone used TomTom go 550? I know Garmin navigations definitely tell only my direction cameras, but I have no idea about the TomTom go 550, I more like TomTom design and interface.

#2 ·
Hey Matey,

You need to go into the menu's and the POI area where it says "Warn When Near POI" then go to the camera alerts and reset them. There is an option in there which you can check that says "Warn When POI Is On Route".

This will fix your problem as you will only get warned when POI's are on a planned route within the Tomtom program, so you cannot just use the tomtom as a speed camare alert without setting a destination.

Ian

#4 ·
tomtoms camera base is rubbish. use the pocket gps data base. undated every few weeks and you can also have spoken warnings which are brilliant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.