2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Battery problem?

Battery 
682 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Gus#1 
#1 ·
I've posted recently about a problem with my central locking where the boot wont open after the car is unlocked. So far the drivers door lock mechanism has been replaced but this has not solved the problem so it must be something else. One thing I have noticed is that it's worse if the car has been stood so first thing in the morning the boot rarely opens. But when I've been driving for around 15 mins I can hear the locks click and it's fine. It got me thinking that there may be a link to the car battery and when it's charged enough the locks work. I remember reading elsewhere that somebody had the same problem not long after they replaced the battery. I changed my battery a few months ago and this locking issue started not long after that. The battery I put in was not genuine Honda.

Maybe I'm clutching at straws but is it possible that a non genuine battery could cause this kind of problem with the electrics?

#2 ·
It seems unlikely that the battery could have enough power to crank and start the car but not enough to activate a tiny motor inside an actuator although I could be wrong, but a way to test your theory would be to hook up some jump leads and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.