Mounts IPHONE pics - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2010, 00:47 Thread Starter

Car: CTR GT, NightHawk Black
Exclamation IPHONE pics

Hi there!

my iphone/ipod adapter will arrive in a few days, it would be nice to se some pics on how your iphone is connected and fitted. to get some ideas on how i will fit it in my car.

if you bought something like a cradle or mount, it would be great if you could tell us where to get it and what you paid for it.

hope to see a lot of pics on different solutions here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2010, 16:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janu4ri View Post
Hi there!

my iphone/ipod adapter will arrive in a few days, it would be nice to se some pics on how your iphone is connected and fitted. to get some ideas on how i will fit it in my car.

if you bought something like a cradle or mount, it would be great if you could tell us where to get it and what you paid for it.

hope to see a lot of pics on different solutions here
Which iPhone/iPod adapter have you ordered?

Speaking with Honda their one doesn't work with iPhones but they are hoping to have a software update shortly so I'm told.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2010, 20:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey View Post

Speaking with Honda their one doesn't work with iPhones but they are hoping to have a software update shortly so I'm told.
i bought the one from the group buy last week.. should work fine (same as xcarlink and dice R3)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2010, 21:03

Car: 2006 1.8 5 door, Cosmic grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosey View Post

A software update probably wont fix any incompatibility with the iPhone. The iPod function should work fine, but if it's the charging they're hoping to fix it wont, as older iPod's charge off the firewire pins in the dock, newer ones charge off USB pins. It's a physical difference and can't be fixed via software.

The only solution I've seen is a scosche crossover adapror. I've owned 4 in 9 months, each went back as the audio becomes crackly within months, last time I took it back apple gave me a refund instead of a replacement as they no longer stock it due to it being so shoddy.

Personally I've ordered a xcarlink, will find out on thursday how well it works, the Honda one is to be avoided from what I've read.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2010, 01:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

installed/fitted IPHONE pictures !!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2010, 10:11
Supporter

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th March 2010, 09:19
Supporter

Car: 2007 CTS. Nighthawk Black
I didnt buy anything, check it out, so simple and cheap, but its just holding the phone, no connection.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...-solution.html
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th March 2010, 12:10

Car: 2-2 Types S GT 2010
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdave View Post
A software update probably wont fix any incompatibility with the iPhone. The iPod function should work fine, but if it's the charging they're hoping to fix it wont, as older iPod's charge off the firewire pins in the dock, newer ones charge off USB pins. It's a physical difference and can't be fixed via software.

The only solution I've seen is a scosche crossover adapror. I've owned 4 in 9 months, each went back as the audio becomes crackly within months, last time I took it back apple gave me a refund instead of a replacement as they no longer stock it due to it being so shoddy.

Personally I've ordered a xcarlink, will find out on thursday how well it works, the Honda one is to be avoided from what I've read.

I Have a belkin adapter that works great with my IPhone 3gs. It fits into a denson Ice link FM modulator that I have on my current car ( Merc ). The IClink was for a 2nd and 3rd gen IPod and worked great with that then my Iphone would not charge with this unless I bough the adpater. Have bene using the Belkin adpater for 6 months now without an issue. Music sound from it is fine ( well as good as any FM modulator ) and the phone charges.

Very keen to find out if this works on MY Type s GT (2010 model) when I get it in a few weeks. The dealer has advised that the USB conenction works fine with Ipods etc but have heard conflicting views on this forum. If it does then I am sure the charging adpater will also work fine.

cheers

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page