Phone Civic EX - Bluetooth Hands Free with Blackberry 7100v phone? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 5th July 2006, 16:43 Thread Starter

Civic EX - Bluetooth Hands Free with Blackberry 7100v phone?

Has anyone had any success using a Blackberry phone handset with the Bluetooth set-up in a Civic EX?

I have a Blackberry 7100v from the company I work for as my only mobile phone.
The www.hondahandsfree.com website says that no Blackberry phones are compatible.
On the other hand another part of the same site lists the Blackberry 7290 and the 8700g as fully compatible.

If you have a Blackberry 7100v and you use it in your Civic EX linked to the Bluetooth can you let me know please.
Or if you have one that does not work let me know as well so at least I can think of other options.

I may have to get a "Pay as you Go" SIM for my now unused Motorola SLVR V7 which will work but I don't like having 2 numbers.

Thanks, hope you can help,

Ian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 5th July 2006, 21:10
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to DUNCAN
try calling a number .say 0.it says 4. dont give you time to give full number ,all ways saying back to menu.. sometimes dont find phone when you get in the car..
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 6th July 2006, 23:38
Explosive Mind Unleashed

Send a message via MSN to Kpow99
What

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 7th July 2006, 22:28
12th June 2006 1.8EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNCAN
try calling a number .say 0.it says 4. dont give you time to give full number ,all ways saying back to menu.. sometimes dont find phone when you get in the car..
Don't say 0 say Zero and all the other numbers without pausing, like Zero16212345. It should work ok then.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 19th July 2006, 20:51 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Very Good News here.

I have paired my Blackberry 7100v with the Civic EX and it works perfectly.

The phone stays paired while in the car, no drop outs. Pairs as soon as I get in the car no interaction required, and provides great sound quality.

I have been very surprised at how clear the sound actually is in the car and people I have called have also commented on how clear it is, no echo at all.

Glad it worked in the end, but pity the Honda don't list the fact on the www.hondahandsfree.com web site.

Ian
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 19th July 2006, 21:12
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Parky,

Maybe they'll read of your success here and update their own site!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 19th July 2006, 22:47
RiP

I can confirm the 8700 works just fine. I usually have that and my Samsung D600 on me when I travel to work, and they both work fine - just a shame the "Next Phone" command doesn't seem to quite switch quickly enough to answer a call before it goes to voicemail if I happen to be paired with the wrong one when it goes off!

--R
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 20th July 2006, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parky
Very Good News here.

The phone stays paired while in the car, no drop outs. Pairs as soon as I get in the car no interaction required, and provides great sound quality.

I have been very surprised at how clear the sound actually is in the car and people I have called have also commented on how clear it is, no echo at all.

Glad it worked in the end, but pity the Honda don't list the fact on the www.hondahandsfree.com web site.

Ian
You lucky lucky person if your handsfree is so clear. Mine (and I believe most others) can't be heard once you get to motorway speeds. What's your secret?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 20th July 2006, 11:13 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjelsworth
Quote:
Very Good News here.

Ian
You lucky lucky person if your handsfree is so clear. Mine (and I believe most others) can't be heard once you get to motorway speeds. What's your secret?
Probably the fact that I have not yet tried it on the motorway !

Ian
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 20th July 2006, 22:04
12th June 2006 1.8EX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjelsworth
Quote:
Very Good News here.

Ian
Probably the fact that I have not yet tried it on the motorway !

Ian
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2006, 10:16

Hi Guys !

Nothing to do with the BlackBerry but I may catch answers to my question in this topic (hope so indeed)
Have you ever tried to dial an international call ? If so (and sucessfuly) what have you done ?

My concern is that my SIM card is a Swiss one, I'm living in France and crossing as well the German side (3 borders indeed): Yes you're right it's a big **** for issuing phone calls

What I can currently do ? Only give local calls depending on which of these 3 countries I'm located and as well (and of course should I shall) receive phone call !

Hope you'll leave me some good advise
Zouille
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2006, 13:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzouille
Hi Guys !

Nothing to do with the BlackBerry but I may catch answers to my question in this topic (hope so indeed)
Have you ever tried to dial an international call ? If so (and sucessfuly) what have you done ?

My concern is that my SIM card is a Swiss one, I'm living in France and crossing as well the German side (3 borders indeed): Yes you're right it's a big **** for issuing phone calls

What I can currently do ? Only give local calls depending on which of these 3 countries I'm located and as well (and of course should I shall) receive phone call !

Zouille
Have you tried storing the numbers in the car using the full international dialling codes?

For me in the UK that would mean that the following number :-

01925 453412

Should be stored in the car as :-

00441925453412 which will then work regardless of the country I call from. i.e. :-

00 Is the international prefix and 44 is the code for the UK.

You just need to insert the country codes for the countries you are calling.

Ian
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2006, 13:23
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
On mobiles the international bit is not 00, but +. So it should be +44 1925 etc. But nobody knows how to enter a plus into the HFT. I emailed the manufacturer support people, but never got a reply. I suspect that because it's American, they never considered the rest of the world...
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2006, 16:51

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zouzouille
Hi Guys !

Zouille
Have you tried storing the numbers in the car using the full international dialling codes?

For me in the UK that would mean that the following number :-

01925 453412

Should be stored in the car as :-

00441925453412 which will then work regardless of the country I call from. i.e. :-

00 Is the international prefix and 44 is the code for the UK.

You just need to insert the country codes for the countries you are calling.

Ian
hello -)

Yes already tried with 00 33 (for france) , 33 alone, + 33 (replacing the 00) but without success
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 23rd July 2006, 16:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottsy
On mobiles the internation bit is not 00, but +. So it should be +44 1925 etc. But nobody knows how to enter a plus into the HFT. I emailed the manufacturer support people, but never got a reply. I suspect that because it's American, they never considered the rest of the world...
completly true I have to admit
We have as well contacted the seller who's trying to get the solution from the so called "expert" , but I'm still waiting for any feed back ...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page