Electrics Heated rear screen knocks out radio - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 4th March 2010, 17:42 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8 EX i-Shift
Send a message via MSN to eighteentee Send a message via Skype™ to eighteentee
Heated rear screen knocks out radio

Hi all,

Just been down to the local Honda garage to pick up my Civic after the fuse box recall. I mentioned to the service guys that when you switch on the heated rear screen, the radio goes off. By goes off I mean a you get a load of static. They said it was because I had damaged the elements in the screen. I haven't damaged the elements in the screen. When I bought the car in September (pre-owned '08 plate EX) I mentioned that the radio went off when the heated screen was turned on and the sales guy told me it was because "there was bad radio signal" around where the garage was. This was when I was being introduced to the car functions on picking it up.

This is very annoying.

To me it looks like there's been a fault and the element has burned out (blackened), not been 'cut' or damaged otherwise.

I'm sure Honda will wiggle their way out of any warranty work so this is all a bit of a gripe on my part really.

My question therefore would be, is it possible to route another aerial or get some kind of booster or something?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 4th March 2010, 18:29
Supporter

Car: Type S GT
Hi my 56 plate type s gt has also just started doing this and it also has the auto rear screen "on mode" so as soon as you start it in the morning the radio crackles, if you then turn the rear screen switch on then off it must turn the auto screen function off and the radio works. I have stripped the rear plastic off of the boot and there is some kind of resistor soldered between the two elements for the heated screen and am wondering if it is this that has blown ??? any help for us anyone please
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 5th March 2010, 10:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2006 1.8 EX i-Shift
Send a message via MSN to eighteentee Send a message via Skype™ to eighteentee
I'm thinking I might just get some sort of DAB plug-in or something...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page