Add-on nav Feedback requested - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th February 2007, 14:49 Thread Starter

Feedback requested

I'm writing up a guide to selecting a portable SatNav. It is still work in progress at the moment, and it is only a starting point as I shall be writing up individual reviews of a number of products (Tomtom One, Talex Transonic 6000T, Road Angel Navigator inc 6000 and 7000, HP iPaq with Via Michelin, Sony Nav u50, Garmin 660 and Navman F20) once the overall selection guide is completed.

I would appreciate any feedback on what has been written so far, so for anyone willing to read it through and pm me their comments I'd be very grateful.

http://www.autobestbuy.co.uk/satnav-buying-guide.asp

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th February 2007, 16:38
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcampbell View Post
I'm writing up a guide to selecting a portable SatNav. It is still work in progress at the moment, and it is only a starting point as I shall be writing up individual reviews of a number of products (Tomtom One, Talex Transonic 6000T, Road Angel Navigator inc 6000 and 7000, HP iPaq with Via Michelin, Sony Nav u50, Garmin 660 and Navman F20) once the overall selection guide is completed.

I would appreciate any feedback on what has been written so far, so for anyone willing to read it through and pm me their comments I'd be very grateful.

http://www.autobestbuy.co.uk/satnav-buying-guide.asp

Doug
Hello Doug,

Good job you've done. I'm the happy owner of Garmin Nüvi 660 T since 4 month now.
The best forum/test site I've found on the Internet is http://www.gpspassion.com/ .
I think you must also add an important point : Updating both of map road and of navigation software.
Plus the TMC capacity and cost

Hope I can help, so if you need PM me.

laurent
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th February 2007, 16:57 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Good input

Thanks for the input Laurent. Those are good points. I had a look at the 660T at a recent exhibition and really liked the look of the unit. It is one of my high priority items to review. However as you can appreciate if you are going to be reasonably thorough in reviewing the items it does take some time.

I hope my site will be useful because I should be able to make direct comparisons; something most people cannot do because they can't buy one of each item to try them out!

I can do this because I'll sell the "ex-demo" units from the shop when I have finished reviewing them.

Doug

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th February 2007, 17:03
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcampbell View Post
Thanks for the input Laurent. Those are good points. I had a look at the 660T at a recent exhibition and really liked the look of the unit. It is one of my high priority items to review. However as you can appreciate if you are going to be reasonably thorough in reviewing the items it does take some time.

I hope my site will be useful because I should be able to make direct comparisons; something most people cannot do because they can't buy one of each item to try them out!

I can do this because I'll sell the "ex-demo" units from the shop when I have finished reviewing them.

Doug
Good, and keep it as simple as possible, I think most of the people look for simple and practical use of the items. For ex I've never used the travel pack on my nuvi (mp3 player, converter, calculator vocal translator and audio book), but I can't find any info of the quality of the info of the travel guide was for me one of the plus of the michelin GPS...

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page