Battery On 06 Honda 2.2cdti sport - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 19:40 Thread Starter

On 06 Honda 2.2cdti sport

Hi guys,
I have experienced the flat battery problem on my 06 car and would appreciate any advice. Started last year when car left for two days after 120 mile journey, jump started OK and drove home. original battery so changed.
Last week after 120 mile drive left car for 4 days unused, went to open with remote but would not unlock, opened manually, charged battery (out of car), when replaced found that keycode was not recognised and had to get them reprogrammed at dealer after recovery. Battery and alternator checked, no faults I am told. Losing the keycode is a bit worrying. There seems to be problems with fuse boxes on later models but not 06.
Any comments most welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 19:50
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
Obviously, there's a "drain to earth" somewhere ...

For instance, the 2.2 can also have a particular issue related to an oil sensor, that doesn't go into 'hibernation' when the ignition is off ...

I've left my 1.8 outside in sub-zero temperatures for the best part of 2 weeks, and it fired up first time, just as normal ...

There's lost of discussion \ advice in here about 'current drain' ...

The Search function and the Wiki are your friends ! ...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 20:07
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Hi guys,
I have experienced the flat battery problem on my 06 car and would appreciate any advice. Started last year when car left for two days after 120 mile journey, jump started OK and drove home. original battery so changed.
Last week after 120 mile drive left car for 4 days unused, went to open with remote but would not unlock, opened manually, charged battery (out of car), when replaced found that keycode was not recognised and had to get them reprogrammed at dealer after recovery. Battery and alternator checked, no faults I am told. Losing the keycode is a bit worrying. There seems to be problems with fuse boxes on later models but not 06.
Any comments most welcome.
I had an identical situation with a flat battery and loss of keycode as well. It was under warranty and car had to be uplifted to local Honda dealer. As Far as I know it was a firmware issue which was updated. It is related to the dipstick or oil sensor staying active and draining the battery. Happened a couple of years ago and battery has been fine since then.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2010, 21:57

could be one of a few things causing the battery drain i am affraid. you need to find out what the battery drain is by reading the dark current draw from the battery. could very well be the oil level sensor problem so speak to your dealer about checking/updating your cars ecm software. this drain can be intermittant and may not be detected during diagnosis. best have your car checked to rule this out
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 24th March 2010, 11:57 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks guys. Will investigate further and post results
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 25th March 2010, 19:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Update:- I informed the Service manager that there could be a problem with oil sensor and surprise! surprise! he suggested that an ECU update might help, which has been done today, so time will tell.
Thanks again to all who helped.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 1st April 2010, 12:13
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 i-CDTi FK3
I have the same age car as you.
I had similar problems, flat battery, green key light of death, but also had the tailgate lock also go intermittent with me.
Mine turned out to be Alarm Unit slowly breaking down. Well that seems to be the case at the moment.
Alarm Unit replaced + key recoding £652.

Was also told that there is no protection circuit for the alarm on the early models. So also have to be careful with Alarm as well as have keys out of car when messing with the battery.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page