Electrics folding mirror folds to far out - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2010, 11:14 Thread Starter

folding mirror folds to far out

Hi all

I've got a very annoying niggle, wonder if anyone can help. When I turn the ignition on, the nearside mirror folds all the way out. I mean right out, as if it is pointing in the opposite direction. I have to get out, and fold in back in manually. this happens every time I turn the ignition on and is very annoying.

I want to take it apart and see if I can find a catch or somthing that is missing and not stopping it from rotating out to far.

Apologies if this has been covered already, I had a good search on the forum but couldnt find anytying specific. Is there a Haynes manaual for the civic?

cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2010, 17:30
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumraa View Post
Hi all

I've got a very annoying niggle, wonder if anyone can help. When I turn the ignition on, the nearside mirror folds all the way out. I mean right out, as if it is pointing in the opposite direction. I have to get out, and fold in back in manually. this happens every time I turn the ignition on and is very annoying.

I want to take it apart and see if I can find a catch or somthing that is missing and not stopping it from rotating out to far.

Apologies if this has been covered already, I had a good search on the forum but couldnt find anytying specific. Is there a Haynes manaual for the civic?

cheers
Hello Mumraa, do you like Thundercats, hence the username? lol I loved Thundercats!!

First things first... there is no Haynes manual for the civic... nor do they plan to release one anytime soon. Watch this space i suppose!! TBH you don't need a Hayne's manual when you have such a good site as this!!!

In terms of your actual problem... have a look here:

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...t-too-far.html
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2010, 21:40
Supporter

If it's still under warranty get it replaced.

Both of mine have been replaced, one wouldn't folder up, the other only partially.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd April 2010, 21:47
Supporter

Car: 09 Suzuki Swift Sport white
Thanked 2,783 Times in 2,531 Posts
yeah no haynes manual but we are making our own
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th April 2010, 19:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

hi folks, sorry for belated reply. trouble is my dealer is miles away, and its becoming a bit of a pain to go back there. (its already been back for a new clutch luckily under warranty).

I've had a look inside, and the problem was due to a little metal pin, that has pushed to far in. it basically needs a new mirror unless honda sell the part.

cheers for you replies folks.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page