Electrics Pgm-fi - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 16th April 2010, 19:27 Thread Starter

Pgm-fi

Hi all

I'm getting the PGM-FI error come up when i turn on the ignition. for some reason the forum wont let me search for this word, any ideas why?

I dont get any error message, just PGM-FI comes up when i turn on the ignition. dont even have to turn on the engine to get it. Its a diesel by the way. Should i avoid driving the car until its fixed? Been fine until i got in the car from work, and now it just wont go away. wondering if it is the warmer weather and fuel quality?

cheers
m
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 16th April 2010, 19:51
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
In the manual it tells you how to reset it..BUT..
Why did it go off in the first place??
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 17th April 2010, 10:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Dunno why it went off, it just came on when I started it in the car park at work yesterday. In a bit of a dilemma now as I'm not sure if I should be driving it or not until Honda have had a look? The manual suggests I shouldnt, but there is another section that mentions the diesel and it could be iffy fuel.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st April 2010, 21:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hey folks, wonder if you could sanity check this for me?

Further to the message I left, as I didnt want to drive the car I called Honda Happiness who arranged for the AA to come and look. He was with the car for about an hour, running diagnostics, and came up with the following error codes:

p0219 engine over rev
p1704 clutch pedal switch
p2503 engine oil levl

Note, I first noticed the PGM-FI error when getting in my car after work, and it came on before the engine actually started. Driving to work, there was no error.

The AA man, reset all the warnings with the exception of the clutch error which cannot be reset apparently. But, he wrote them down and presented it to Honda.

Honda now tell me my warranty for the engine and gearbox has been invalidated!!!!!!! I am astounded, as I have never overrevved the car, or missed a gear changing down.

What on earth do I do now? Interestingly, the oil error was resolved by them downloading a software update, as it was a bug. As I have NEVER overrevved the engine, I think this error must be incorrect. They reckon it could have been in the system, and just 'decided' to come on. The car runs absolutely fine, there is no noticeable loss in power (although I am now reluctant to use full torque in case there is some damage).

I believe this is clearly an error with the error, but frustrated Honda can invalidate the warranty on something that software is saying, and in the same breath apply a software update to fix a bug with another erroneous error!!! They are going on the what the AA man said, and havent actually seen this error themselves, thanks to the AA man, he reset all the messages and has invalidated the warranty for me. nice one.

any advice?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page