Phone Handsfree phone kit? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th April 2010, 13:30 Thread Starter
Stuck in the 80's

Car: 09 Alabaster Silver TypeS GT
Handsfree phone kit?

I want to get a phone kit so I can use my phone (iPhone) in the car. I want to be able to hear the call through the speakers.. does anyone know if there's a kit that I can buy and get installed aftermarket by Honda?

I see that new Civics come with bluetooth phone prep and sat nav.. is this one unit? Would I have to buy/could I buy a sat nav and bluetooth unit?

Frankie.x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th April 2010, 14:27

Car: 2009 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
I want to get a phone kit so I can use my phone (iPhone) in the car. I want to be able to hear the call through the speakers.. does anyone know if there's a kit that I can buy and get installed aftermarket by Honda?

I see that new Civics come with bluetooth phone prep and sat nav.. is this one unit? Would I have to buy/could I buy a sat nav and bluetooth unit?

Frankie.x
Hi Frankie

I bought the Parrot MKi9100 kit for my CTR, it's a good job and very discrete, i have the screen up above my rear view mirror and the mics up there too, and the buttons stuck beside the heater controls, i can take a few pics if you want to see what it looks like. You will need to buy an extra lead for it to connect to the standard Honda radio. I bought it all off ebay.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 19th April 2010, 14:35 Thread Starter
Stuck in the 80's
** Thread starter **

Car: 09 Alabaster Silver TypeS GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vics View Post
Hi Frankie

I bought the Parrot MKi9100 kit for my CTR, it's a good job and very discrete, i have the screen up above my rear view mirror and the mics up there too, and the buttons stuck beside the heater controls, i can take a few pics if you want to see what it looks like. You will need to buy an extra lead for it to connect to the standard Honda radio. I bought it all off ebay.
I would love to see pics if you don't mind! How much did it cost and who fitted it for you?

Frankie.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 20th April 2010, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
I would love to see pics if you don't mind! How much did it cost and who fitted it for you?

Frankie.
Hi Frankie

The kit cost me 127.50 and the lead 12.18, all from Ebay, i have a friend that fitted it for me (for free), the only modification was that he had to make the lead longer for the display so it would reach up to the rear view mirror. I will take some pictures when i get home from work and upload them tonight.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st April 2010, 09:04

Quote:
Hi Frankie

The kit cost me 127.50 and the lead 12.18, all from Ebay, i have a friend that fitted it for me (for free), the only modification was that he had to make the lead longer for the display so it would reach up to the rear view mirror. I will take some pictures when i get home from work and upload them tonight.
Here's the pictures of the Parrot Kit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 001.jpg (39.1 KB, 149 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 002.jpg (37.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 014.jpg (86.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 015.jpg (44.3 KB, 96 views)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 21st April 2010, 21:57
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 ES i-CTDI
I swear by the Nokia CK7W. Ive bought 5 now used off ebay, they are only 25 and work with all mobiles with bluetooth once you pair them up.
They dont come with the bells and whistles of the Parrot (ie caller ID etc) but I have a holder for my phone anyway so can see who's calling regardless.

Fitted mine a few weeks ago in the honda. Took about 2 hours and wasnt too bad. Theres a How to on how to fit a parrot kit, just follow that its very similar.

Its worth doing it yourself, not difficult as long as you're just very careful and don't just rip panels off.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 28th April 2010, 14:10
Supporter

Car: 2010 Type S GT,Crystal black
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Mister B
Quote:
Here's the pictures of the Parrot Kit.
Like the install!! great place for the display

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page