AC/Heater Auto Climate - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th April 2010, 13:43 Thread Starter

Auto Climate

Hey Guys/Girls

Not sure if the heat is frying my brain, but I noticed today (and a while back as well) that my Climate control did not have the auto sign next to it. Now I always tend to adjust the temperature with the auto always on, and very seldom do it via the air-con i.e the aircon on symbol is not showing (but then nor is the aircon off symbol). Not sure if this is the same thing as climate control, but I assumed that the way to turn the climate control on was via the Auto button? Is this correct?

What would be the reason for the auto button not showing. I thought perhaps it was just something to do with turning the car off and on, but when I tested it today, it came back with the auto button showing. So assumed it is not that. In the manual it says if you manually select the various functions of the climate control system, it makes the Auto word go out? What would be the manual selections, because I don't remeber adjusting anything yesterday or this morning, which may have caused that, but seems the obvious reason why.

Like I say, probably just something really easy, but as usual your expertise will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th April 2010, 13:55
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi ES NHB
Selecting auto will set the climate control to full auto - with air con on

If you press the demist front windows, recirculate air, fan speed, mode or A/C buttons then the auto light will go out cos' it's not FULL auto. Changing the temperature will not effect the auto function.

So if you press auto then press the recirculate air on the climate control will still be functioning giving you the temperature you require it's just not bringing in fresh air. Then if you press the recirculate air off the auto will still not show as you have made a manual command.

You climate control is working normally
Thanks to NoNumpty from:
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th April 2010, 14:38 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers NoNumpty.

I did turn off the re-circulate as it kicked in to help cool the car down. I will check it out this afternoon. Much appreciated.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th April 2010, 15:48
Supporter

So when climate control is not being used, but A/C button has not been pressed, there is no A/C ON or A/C OFF display what exactly is happening? Whats the difference between A/C ON displaying and no A/C indication?
I noticed the A/C must be working (when there is no indication) as the air is colder than the outside temperature.
Am I correct in thinking it is only using the A/C if it is needed (i.e. hotter outside than the desired temp)?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th April 2010, 16:32
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Yes

It's best to leave the A/C on all the time and let it make its own decisions.

I tend to have mine on 20°C both sides (Auto).
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 27th April 2010, 22:14
Supporter

Car: 2014 1.6 i-Dtec SR, Red
I always end up turning the re-circulate off because it seems to stay on for far to long.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page