VSA ABS VSA light on after hitting curb - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By adriank89

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 29th December 2018, 17:12 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 1.8 5 door, Black
ABS VSA light on after hitting curb

Hi there,

A couple of weeks ago I hit the curb at one of those traffic regulator narrow bits in London. I must have been doing about 10-15 mph. The wheel was not turned I just hit the side of the wheel. I did see the the info sign light up for a split second. A couple of days later when I started the car up, after about 10 seconds the abs and vsa lights came on. I restarted the car and the same happened. The next morning they came on and they had been on since.

The car doesn't feel different, it drives the same pulls turns and brakes the same. Can't see any obvious damage apart from what's on the alloy. I am unable to read any error codes out of the car, I tried 3 different devices but nothing helped. I wonder if Honda needs a special obd2 reader, and if yes could anyone help and read the car in West London?

I have already changed the wheel speed sensor, I looked in the hole of the sensor and I couldn't see any dirt just the wheel bearing spinning (I'm not sure if I should be able to see it, I thought the magnetic bit is on the side of it so I would not see the part itself). I removed the fuse, the battery everything but the error is still on.

Does anyone have an ide how I could get rid of these messages, or what to repair? The car doesn't feel broken, abs is kicking in too. Not sure what I messed up..

Thank you very much for your thoughts in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 29th December 2018, 17:23 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

BTW I had to drill out the wheel speed sensor as it broke when I was trying to remove it. Basically just driller around it and managed to pull it out once I got deep enough. there is a video online on how to do it, sadly I can't post it. The pics below can be views with the secure version of the hyper text transfer protocol

photos.app.goo.gl/chPATz4hKMKHTV6H7
photos.app.goo.gl/HDwudTZNnD7N5rqa9
photos.app.goo.gl/fZXEVfvmKiawUR3a9
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 29th December 2018, 18:20
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
you will need a reader that reads abs codes
unfortunately im in cumbria so too far away to help

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th December 2018, 10:51
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 es cosmic grey
It is quite possible that you have damaged the "magnetic" ring on the bearing(that`s what i did when i drilled my old sensor out)- in which case your only solution is a new bearing!Do a search for the thread i put on here.https://www.civinfo.com/forum/wheels...abs-light.html

Last edited by tibsy; 30th December 2018 at 10:54. Reason: more info
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th December 2018, 15:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

UPDATE:

launchtech.co.uk/dtc-codes-list/ - this list seem to contain almost all

B1240 - Wiper Washer Rear Pump Relay Circuit Failure
B1235 - Window Feedback Failure
B1238 - over Temperature Fault

These don't seem to be relevant to the ABS fault. After clearing all codes, I am still seeing the same message. I might just have to bite the bullet and get it read out buy someone.

=====================

Amazing, thank you very much for all your help!

I managed to read out the DTC codes by shorting the MPCS connector in the interior fusebox. I found the following:

Pa50
B1170
B1183

Pa51
B1240
B1235
B1238
B2991

I have no idea what these are so I'm going to start googling for them.

The wheel bearing seemed clean, but it may well be the culprit. I will try to figure out what these codes are before I start investing further
Kremmen likes this.

Last edited by adriank89; 30th December 2018 at 16:12. Reason: Update

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page