Electrics Central Locking Issue - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 13th January 2019, 12:53 Thread Starter
Supporter

Garage
Central Locking Issue

Can someone help me with a strange issue I seem to have picked up on my FN2, I have done lots of reading and donít have a definitive answer

The other day I was driving and I heard the central locking sound (as if unlocked and locked itself) I didnít think anything of it until I parked up and tried to lock the car.
The fob would not lock the car, so I did it manually with the key. The fob does however unlock the car. The boot wonít open at all (have been in the boot and can open it manually). To add more confusion I cannot now operate the windows at all, itís as if the car thinks itís continuously locked, any ideas?

I read bits and bobs about the door actuator needing to be replaced but none of those threads mention this affecting the windows being operated, so figured iíd ask before buying a new one at £50+

Thanks

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page