Other No radio display/clock/temp on dash display - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th January 2019, 22:59 Thread Starter

No radio display/clock/temp on dash display

Hi All

I'm a brand new owner of a 2007 civic 2.2 cdti es model, i have just bought the car today everything works perfect and i love the car so far but i have a quick question if anyone can help please ?

The car has a Pioneer Double Din DAB radio fitted which is great, but I was wondering there is no display where there should be for the radio and the digital clock and temperature on the LCD screen above where is would normally be in all the models,

I was wondering if anyone would know if this is due to the aftermarket Radio been fitted and there might be a plug not in or its just compatible or if it should still work and should look at the route of fuses or the LCD console itself ?

Again happy to be here and hello all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th January 2019, 23:21
Supporter

Car: 2009 Type R GT Silver
Most likely not used the connects2 module which maintains the display above and steering wheel controls.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 18th January 2019, 23:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the quick reply, by the sounds of that it would mean me stripping the dash to get to the back of the radio, I think i might just leave that for now if that is the case as i have only had the car a day and i dont want to start moving things about just yet ,

cheers for the info though mate

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 20th January 2019, 19:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

So I am looking at the connect2 harness that you have advised and was wondering if anyone can help with the right one that i would need :
My car is a 2007 civic 2.2cdti, 2007,
The aftermarket radio in is a pioneer AVH-X3700DAB double din touchscreen
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 20th January 2019, 19:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Sorry I have found a one on ebay but as my post count is less than 5 I cannot put the link that i have found
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th February 2019, 23:06

Garage
I've just been getting into researching audio, wanted to fit my double din but apparently if DD fitted you need to retain the original head unit hidden behind new unit or in glovebox to retain clock display as it's integral to car system.

The connects unit I thought (probably wrongly and someone will correct me) only retains the steering wheel audio controls.

If it doesn't I'm still considering how best to get my ipod connected and running

check the wiki on all ICE though it's very useful I can't post yet as too noobie still too
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 20th February 2019, 06:54

Car: 2007 alabaster civic type r
You don't need to keep the original head unit. You need to fit the connects2 adapter to keep the display on the clock and you also need a fascia kit. The connects2 adapter also allows you to use the steering controls on a compatable stereo (you also need the right adapter cable for this, they are make specific). I purchased these together as a kit and it also included the correct aerial connection as you need to connect a power cable from the stereo to it for the FM aerial to work.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 20th February 2019, 10:03
Supporter

Car: 2009 Type R GT Silver
This is the full kit which includes the antenna lead and multi patch lead compatible with the majority of brand of stereos.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F250939231668

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page