Satnav Deaf/dumb Satnav - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th July 2006, 11:42 Thread Starter

Deaf/dumb Satnav

Finally got my Vivid Blue EX yesterday - first I've seen in that colour, but I like it. Drove down to Leicester today (hi, Pottsy!) and loved it. However, although the Satnav shows me which way to go, it won't speak to me, even set to full volume. The Talk button doesn't produce a bleep either. Am I doing something stupid? Unfortunately the dealer gave me the demo in a different car, because mine wasn't quite ready. Any ideas, please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11th July 2006, 18:23
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Turn the radio on.... (I know this seems odd, but the head unit needs to be on, even with the radio volume knob set at zero).
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th July 2006, 11:27
Smell My Cheese!

I have managed to get the SatNav voice instructions with the radio switched on and off, it made no difference. Is the volume on the satnav options set too low, or muted. Push the menu button as you would to enter a destination, instead of entering a destination push the joystick to the right to enter the settings screen (screen 1), you will see the volume is the top right of these options. You can check whether the volume is down or muted here. To change it I think you push the joystick in to enter the screen, turn the dial to the selected point, push the enter button again and rotate the dial to set the volume. i have mine just under halfway, she is quiet enough not to drive you mad, but loud enough to hear.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12th July 2006, 16:48 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the interest, guys. I had tried turning the volume up to full, but still nothing. She talks to me fine on the HFT (is it the same voice?), but not Satnav. What with no beep either, and I've just found the Audio button doesn't do anything either, I think it's broken. I've booked it in for next Tuesday.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 28th July 2006, 13:03 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Fixed

Well - good old Honda quality control! First time I took it in they couldn't work out what was wrong. I had to take it in the following week when they could put it alongside a similar model and strip them down together. Guess what - the cable harness that connects the satnav to the rest of car was missing completely! I think Swindon have some serious QA issues.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page