Electrics Loom Wire Bypass - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2019, 18:45 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 1.8 ES petrol v-tech
Loom Wire Bypass

Further to another thread of mine where the passenger side power fold mirror had ceased to fold and I fitted a brand new mirror assembly thinking it was the motor, It wasn't, I've now traced the fault to a missing voltage to the motor feed. Both sides have a red wire and a blue wire feeding into the motor and the switch when operated simply reverses the polarity however the blue wire on the passenger mirror has no 12v feed and no continuity between it and the operating switch, as finding the break in the loom would be very difficult I'm thinking of running a seperate feed from the drivers side to the passenger side, tried a quick trial today and the mirror folds ok. Is it advisable to put an in line fuse in the new wire and what ampage? (getting through the drivers door loom trunking will be a problem as well, any thoughts guys)?
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2019, 18:53

Car: 2019 Civic 5D 1.5 Sport+
Itís rare for a wire to break in a loom, itís more likely at a connector, trace the fault and repair the issue donít bodge it with additional wires you will only regret it in the future
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 23rd February 2019, 19:05 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2006 1.8 ES petrol v-tech
I agree Steve and I checked the passenger side connector where it comes through at the footwell and it's ok up to that point where it goes from there behind the dashboard is the tricky part It's a mass of wires and connectors in the drivers footwell also the bonnet/petrol cap release is in the way to check around there, It has failed gradually rather than all at once as the fold went slower and slower and only moved ultimately with the engine running then stopped completely which is where I'm at now (I suppose that does point to an arcing connector) May need an auto electrician ultimately!

Last edited by painter; 23rd February 2019 at 19:24.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page