2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

How do I fix my electric wing mirror?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  o55ie18 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! As the title says, I'm trying to figure out how to get my mirror fixed, car is a 8G 1.8 EX iShift. I've had the motor fixed under warranty but the technicians over at Evans Halshaw had no clue as to why it's still not folding. They said the issue seems to be electrical but had no clue how to solve it. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

#11 ·
If it's not the SOD unit you may have the issue I had where the passenger mirror started folding slowly then completely stopped, it was a bad connection in the wiring loom as it passes through the rubber boot on the drivers door. The switch in the drivers door supplies power to the passenger mirror, a simple continuity check would show the issue up.

#12 · (Edited)
So... I've just removed the cover of the passenger wing mirror and... Guess what? It's not a FOLDABLE POWERED MIRROR! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL £#*@ Evans Halshaw!!! Useless technicians they have there... So much for 'fixing the motor but we can't find the electrical issue'... Bunch of pathetic liars. See the picture http://i.imgur.com/yFTM0aU.jpg

#14 ·
EH: 'We've definitely replaced the motor of your mirror under your warranty but it still doesn't fold. Must be something electrical but we can't find it and you'll have to take it somewhere to have it checked'.

I really hope their company goes bankrupt because they don't deserve to be called car dealers!

#17 ·
Excellent service as always from them! I recently replaced one of the SODs on my Civic (both have now been done) and when I went to help my friend replace his, as one works and one doesn't...
We found the one that doesn't is the same as you have mentioned, not foldable. My thought is maybe it had been knocked off previously and replaced with a normal one without the Mechanism to save on price?

Not sure, but at least you checked before buying a new SOD unit etc

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.