Electrics Car dying while running and check system light - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 20:37 Thread Starter

Car dying while running and check system light

Hey all, I’ve owned my fn2 since January and it’s been sitting for about 3 months. 3 weeks ago I drove it around for a day and everything was fine.

Earlier today I was raising the suspension because the previous owner had it lower than I’d prefer and when I took it for a drive the sub speaker in the back was making a heart beat sound constantly, I’m pretty sure I hear one ignore the wires to the amp shorting out and the check system light came on the dash, seconds after the car starts having a seizure, the power steering stops working and then it dies.

The battery has been jumped a few times and the car is dying unless I have my foot slightly on the throttle. Could the amp be causing all the problems, is the battery completely gone or could this be a more serious problem?

Thanks 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 21:55
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
If its only just able to remain running with the use of the throttle then id be checking the voltage at the battery with the engine running, might be your alternator that's knackered, and worse case, its taken the battery with it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 22:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for he reply, I’m going to disconnect the amp + speakers in the boot tomorrow because the problem always seems to start with the speakers making the heartbeat sound. I managed to run it for 15 minutes with no throttle it then as soon as the amp shorted out (guessing its shorting our) I get the check system warning
😞

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 26th April 2019, 22:55
Supporter

Car: 2015 white orchid 1.6 dtec
try getting a code reader on see what fault its showing

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page