Cruise No cruise control at all - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th July 2019, 19:07 Thread Starter

No cruise control at all

Hi folks,

I have zero cruise control, I thought it was the common fault with the switch (tho it seemed to be 'clicking' ok) I changed the whole steering wheel over and excitedley anticipated the green light coming on. zero, nothing, nada! (Also the buttons for the telephone do nothing and hoping it would with my aftermarket stereo but that's another story) I have heard the cruise control can be iffy with the brake switch and the switch at the clutch but it seems in every instance people have problems with setting it and they always seem to be able to have the main light come on...I simply have nothing! It's a 2010 type s gt, as far as I am aware there is no specific fuse for the cc. My other buttons (information,select, volume, mode and channel buttons) work no problems at all. Any one any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th July 2019, 02:41
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
Daft question but you are pressing the CC Main button first and getting that light on the dash before setting the cc at speed?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th July 2019, 07:48
Bye bye Honda...

Car: Volvo V60 VEA D4 (181)
Thanked 1,265 Times in 1,042 Posts
Has the car been remapped?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th July 2019, 14:03 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies, no light on the dash at all, pretty sure the button is ok as microswitches don't tend to still click when duff, tried keeping it depressed, made sure I'm doing decent speed, made sure clutch and brake are all way up, brake lights come on ok. I've had the car 9 months and it's never worked but bought it as I was certain it would be a quick fix, and after finally getting round to it, nothing! Car hasn't been remapped (as far as I'm aware anyway) It's quick and decent enough acceleration (had a bmw e46 before) but pretty sure other cars could easily outdoo me. Could it be anything to do with clock spring? Tho like I said horn, and audio controls (and i assume airbag) work fine.....
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th July 2019, 14:53
Das
i-Vtec

Car: 2009 1.8 ES
Garage
Next place then is the switch on the clutch pedal. Have a look and see if its connected. If it is try unlocking the lock nut and wind the switch in a bit just to make sure the plunger is going in far enough.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th July 2019, 15:16 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Done that already, seems fine, clutch comes back and plunger goes in. I thought the clutch switch problem came into play when trying to set the cc, not when just activating it ready to set? I'll take the switch off and see if I'm getting continuity through it but still reckon the main light should come on anyway?

Update - Checked the clutch switch, plunger goes in, short is created, it's def going in far enough when the clutch is up

Update 2 - Managed to decipher the haynes wiring diagram for the cc ( a little bit) and checked the wiring switch in the old steering wheel, when the cruise control switch is depressed the 2 wires coming from it short out so the switch was never the problem, I doubt the one in the new steering wheel is either. Beyond the plug one wire goes straight to the instrument cluster and another to earth so maybe just a bad earth or something, may swing by a local auto sparky tom after work and present him with my findings then see what he says. Thinking back when I took the old wheel off it came off pretty easily...maybe a bit too easily...think someone has been poking about before!

Last edited by scots_fifer; 7th July 2019 at 16:41.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page