2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rear view camera help

Safety Cameras 
1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  M8TJT 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I've installed a rear view mirror LCD dash camera with reverse camera. We're really struggling on how to feed the wire from the rear of the car, through the boot to the reverse light. We are trying to feed the cable through the rubber wiring loom boot cover.
Is there an easier way of doing this?

Are there any guides out there anywhere?

Thanks!

#4 ·
Theead here with hints and tips https://www.civinfo.com/forum/how-g...ll-aftermarket-reversing-camera-easy-way.html

I ran the cable along the top of the doors (5 door) along the edge of the headlining. Getting through the tailgate is the most tricky part for me, but some wd40 in the rubber boot meant I could get the cable through without cutting off the rca plug from the lead. Running across the top of the windscreen (under the headlining) to the mirror should be fairly easy.

#7 ·
That doesn't even pass the 'so what' test. And WUL is likely to be considerably kinder to the rubber than the solvents and other stuff in WD40.
From the can
Dissolves crayon, grease, tar, gum, adhesives.
Personally, I wouldn't put that anywhere near rubber or similar stuff. It's designed for use on metal. (Apart from that, it is not very slippery):grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.