Phone HFT Mic poor pickup - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2010, 18:38 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 2.2 5dr EX Black
HFT Mic poor pickup

I have recently purchased a civic 2006 ex which has the HFT system built in but when i talk to people all they say is that they can barely make out what i am saying and it is not the phone as i can disconnect it and speak normally. I also took a recording to an answer machine from the HFT and it does sound like a robot and you can only make out every other word just.... i have tried moving the mic closer to the grille like other people suggested but this make no difference but can anyone else can shed any light on this maybe a better replacement mic????

ta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2010, 20:23

I had the same problem, I took it to my local dealers who adjusted the mic sensitivity and now its great!

hope this helps.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2010, 11:19
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 Type S (now gone)
There is a how 2 in the wiki about this.

Search is your friend

Hands free telephone too quiet - Civinfo Wiki

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2010, 14:38 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

its not so much the volume as the test i did was when i was on my drive not moving, it is just really unclear what i am saying it also take the voice command system a good 15 seconds to relise what i was said. But ill give all them things a try tonigh and let you know. (does anyone know how to turn up the mic volume???or point me to a thread)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2010, 15:04
Move over..comming thru!!

Car: 59 CTR GT + Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyp View Post
its not so much the volume as the test i did was when i was on my drive not moving, it is just really unclear what i am saying it also take the voice command system a good 15 seconds to relise what i was said. But ill give all them things a try tonigh and let you know. (does anyone know how to turn up the mic volume???or point me to a thread)
It's a well documented problem and is not so much to do with the mic volume, more to do with the padding (or lack of padding) around the mic itself allowing sound resonance through the car body / roof into the mic. Follow the wiki / how to on modding the mic housing - once you have done this simple 5 minute mod you will have much clearer voice transmission (even at high speed on motorways) and a much quicker response to voice commands (15 secs down to around 1-3 secs).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 25th June 2010, 13:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

tried the mod and it has make no difference it still sound like im underwater at the weekend ill go get a new mic and give that a try ill let you know how it goes.

thanks for all your help in adavance
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 5th July 2010, 11:51 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Angry

tried a new mic and still no better so the cars gone into the garage for a "couple" of other problems Iím having and they said they will look at it but what was unnerving was apparently now this is coming from the service guy and Marshall Honda of Narbrough, Leicester that in the 2006 civic the phone system was rubbish. And it werenít until 2007 they did anything about improving it!!!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page