Phone HFT and dialing from the phone - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th March 2007, 20:28 Thread Starter
Supporter

HFT and dialing from the phone

Hello all, just wandered if anybody had any make or model of phone that lets you dial from the phone without it transferring the call to the phone? At the moment I am using the trick of dialling from the phone, hanging up and then using the redial voice command.

All my jobs come in via email on the phone and I usually just highlight the clients number in the email and press dial. That was with an old Nokia bluetooth car kit and it worked well. With the Honda system it then routes the call in the phone handset rather than keeping it in the bluetooth system.

If anybody knows of a phone that will let me dial from the phone but keep the call in the Honda system it would save me a lot of hassle.

many thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th March 2007, 20:55
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
my D900 did this - I think...

I was sitting in the car park waiting for wife.
Phoned me mum (as you do) on my D900, thinking (wrongly as it turned out) that my (work) Nokia was bluetoothed to the Civ.

Dialed the number direct on the phone - it rang (on the phone speaker), but as soon as my mum answered, it all came through the Civ

Haven't tried repeating this -
might have been a one off...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th March 2007, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by candle View Post

If anybody knows of a phone that will let me dial from the phone but keep the call in the Honda system it would save me a lot of hassle.
Hi candle if your phone is not totally compatible with all the functions of the honda handsfree system, then go to www.hondahandsfree.com

This site lists all know phone models that work and will tell you how compatible the phones are, you should check your own phone on this site.

I believe what you want to do is not possible with any phone, as honda have setup the system not to allow automatic pass through when you dial using the handset (maybe a safety thing).

But there is a command called call transfer, if your phone supports it then I think this is similar to what you want but certainly not automatic. Below is a description of how to use it pinched from the honda site.

Call Transfer: Ability to transfer a call from the Honda Handsfree Telephone to the phone and the phone to HFL by pressing the TALK button, releasing and saying, “TRANSFER.”

Hope this helps.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th March 2007, 21:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTDegs View Post
You should try it again as it would be good to know either way, as when I tried to do that with my nokia N70 it rang and answered on the phone, not handy as I had started to drive after starting the call.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th March 2007, 21:14 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
Hi candle if your phone is not totally compatible with all the functions of the honda handsfree system, then go to www.hondahandsfree.com

This site lists all know phone models that work and will tell you how compatible the phones are, you should check your own phone on this site.

I believe what you want to do is not possible with any phone, as honda have setup the system not to allow automatic pass through when you dial using the handset (maybe a safety thing).

But there is a command called call transfer, if your phone supports it then I think this is similar to what you want but certainly not automatic. Below is a description of how to use it pinched from the honda site.

Call Transfer: Ability to transfer a call from the Honda Handsfree Telephone to the phone and the phone to HFL by pressing the TALK button, releasing and saying, “TRANSFER.”

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply, I did try this but the system will not allow you to transfer the call until after the person has answered and then it takes a little while. This is ok but I found when I am phoning customers the person on reception tends not to wait thinking it is a bad line or wrong number.

I may have to ask the boss to pull the old system out of my old car and get that installed if I can't find a phone to work.

Thanks again, I do appreciate the replies
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 13th March 2007, 21:26
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
You should try it again as it would be good to know either way, as when I tried to do that with my nokia N70 it rang and answered on the phone, not handy as I had started to drive after starting the call.
my (works) Nokia 6310i does the same (as your N70)

I'll try the D900 again in a bit, as I've got to pop out to pick daughter up
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 10:47
Supporter

I did - and it did

probably worth getting a second person with a D900 to confirm just incase it's a firmware version thing, but mine works in the way you are needing

having said that, I can't confirm how good the email browser is on the D900, cos I don't use that
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 16:06

Quote:
my D900 did this - I think...

I was sitting in the car park waiting for wife.
Phoned me mum (as you do) on my D900, thinking (wrongly as it turned out) that my (work) Nokia was bluetoothed to the Civ.

Dialed the number direct on the phone - it rang (on the phone speaker), but as soon as my mum answered, it all came through the Civ

I have a D900 and if you call from the phone it does indeed auto transfer to the HFT as Degs described. Works well. I can also clarify that it works with other numbers and not just Deg's mum.

Email browsing is pretty good, dont use it much , but certainly no worse than other phones.

Last edited by Sconeboy; 14th March 2007 at 16:08.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 16:32
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconeboy View Post
I have a D900 and if you call from the phone it does indeed auto transfer to the HFT as Degs described. Works well. I can also clarify that it works with other numbers and not just Deg's mum.

Email browsing is pretty good, dont use it much , but certainly no worse than other phones.

though she did say what a well spoken young man you were
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 16:55 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks

Thanks all, seems I will have to have a chat with the boss to see if he wants to get me a new phone or if he wants to install a different phone kit.

Appreciate the testing, if anybody else finds other phones that allow you to dial from the phone and keep the call in the HFT please let me know.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 17:17

To work around this, select the contact on your phone, press dial and hang-up straight away, then use the voice command "redial" which will automatically use the HFT.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 17:28 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daven13 View Post
To work around this, select the contact on your phone, press dial and hang-up straight away, then use the voice command "redial" which will automatically use the HFT.
Hi thanks for the tip, that's what I have been doing but it can be a pain as it seems to take the poor Honda lady hiding in my dash several attempts to understand redial.. Having said that once connected on a phone call people can hear me fine.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 21:13

Quote:
I did - and it did

probably worth getting a second person with a D900 to confirm just incase it's a firmware version thing, but mine works in the way you are needing

having said that, I can't confirm how good the email browser is on the D900, cos I don't use that
Thanks TTDegs for trying that out, now just have to wait till july before I can upgrade my phone.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 15th March 2007, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconeboy View Post

I tried it with my BlackBerry Pearl and it just called from the phone. I then tried pressing he phone button on the HFT and then dialling and it changed the language to French instead
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 15th March 2007, 21:06
King of the rodeo

Send a message via MSN to czechplastik
I have a D900, when I dialled from the phone it didn't transfer to the car and for some reason it didn't make any ring noises. just silence until someone either answered or I was connected to a voicemail service.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 15th March 2007, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechplastik View Post
I have a D900, when I dialled from the phone it didn't transfer to the car and for some reason it didn't make any ring noises. just silence until someone either answered or I was connected to a voicemail service.

That's a bit of a bummer, maybe you should check you've got the latest firmware for your phone.

Hope you weren't too disappointed that it didn't work, maybe it was a fluke and will work next time.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 16th March 2007, 12:02
Supporter

ta for that CP - reminded me of more detail I forgot to add last time

(it's not bad news though!)

I dialled on my phone.
niether the phone nor the HFT made ring ring noises.

fraction of a second after the call was answered, voice came through the HFT.

By fraction - I dialled my work phone as a test, which was switched off.

I've got it set to default Voda voice mail message at the mo, which says
"Welcome to Vodaphone Voicemail...."

What I heard on the HFT was
"lcome to Vodaphone Voicemail..."
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 16th March 2007, 12:08
Smell My Cheese!

Tried it with my Nokia E50, doesn't do it, but you can push the Bluetooth button on the handset which transfers it to the HFT, oh, and then disconnects after 3 seconds, returning the call to the phone.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 16th March 2007, 13:45
Supporter

Car: 13 CRV / 14 Accord / 04 S2K
I dial the number on the phone and immediately cancel the call on the phone.
Then talk to the HFT and say "redial" Works perfectly.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 16th March 2007, 16:35
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
I dial the number on the phone and immediately cancel the call on the phone.
Then talk to the HFT and say "redial" Works perfectly.
Yep, I do this - if you do it quick, it does'nt even ring the at the othe end!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page