2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

HTC wildfire, connecting to HFT

Electrics 
2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  J. Derek Riddell 
#1 ·
Please help

Just got a new phone the HTC wildfire, tried to connect HFT but it wont discover the phone, used to have my nokia E71 connected no problem but this one wont work?

Please can anybody help, Does anyone know if HTC are compatible to the Honda handsfree system.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thankyou!

#2 ·
Please help. Just got a new phone the HTC Wildfire, tried to connect HFT but it wont discover the phone, used to have my Nokia E71 connected no problem but this one wont work? Please can anybody help, Does anyone know if HTC are compatible to the Honda handsfree system. Any help will be much appreciated!! Thankyou! /QUOTE]

As far as I know, all HTC Android OS phones are equally compatible - [Pottsy] and others have Desires, and they connect to Honda systems ...

You do have the phone set to discovery mode ? - and connect from the Car ...

You should try

Start/Settings/Connection/
Bluetooth/Add New Device/
* Select HA1 from the list​
* Enter 0000 Pin Code

#4 ·
Discovery mode is on the phone and I ask the car to pair, it asks me for the code which I speak out as 0 0 0 0, but HFT never finds the phone? Any ideas?
Did you do the "device name" first ? ...

#6 ·
sorry remind me?
You should try

Start/Settings/Connection/
Bluetooth/Add New Device/
* Select HA1 from the list
* Enter 0000 Pin Code

#8 ·
Yeeppp - that's the routine for all the HTC phones (seemingly) ...

#10 ·
Oh, not on mine, unless im looking in the wrong place, been in settings and changed name to my own, but i cant seem to discover the hft in the car?

SO let me get this right, I should start car to pair, and then put phone in discovery mode?
That's my understanding - yes ...

#12 ·
Ahhh - never thought to mention that - just another irritating present from the "Safety Elf" ! ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.