Transmission I shift mode update - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 18:57 Thread Starter

I shift mode update

Any more news on the i shift mod, posted the other day that honda uk are saying that the government are stopping them from doing mods on any preregistered i shifts including the sport and ex models, have not got details why this is not possible as road tax is the same on sport and ex ? does any one Else know the full reasons as i feel mine needs something sorted out on the gear side to improve the bad changes and indecision at times of the gears causing quite a lag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 20:58
Nice Guy!

Car: Volvo V40, D4, Se Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by mihael View Post
Any more news on the i shift mod, posted the other day that honda uk are saying that the government are stopping them from doing mods on any preregistered i shifts including the sport and ex models, have not got details why this is not possible as road tax is the same on sport and ex ? does any one Else know the full reasons as i feel mine needs something sorted out on the gear side to improve the bad changes and indecision at times of the gears causing quite a lag

Suggestion:

Ask you dealer to notify you when he gets an i-shift demo in
go for a drive in it with the foreman and then go for a drive in yours

if there is a big difference then they have to do something about it

if there is hardly any difference then I would say that you need to adjust your driving style
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 14th March 2007, 21:20
Kids use a lot of space

Hasn't it got to do with the CO2 figure changing?
With the current banding set up there isn't a change in VED for some cars. But as the car is registered with a CO2 figure and taxed as such there isn't a system to change it.
The only way probably would be to de-register the car and re-register it as a used car at the new CO2 figure after update.
There's also company car tax to consider which uses different figures again.
http://www.vcacarfueldata.org.uk/sea...rTaxSearch.asp

Granted it is possible, but not as simple as just updating the car, and who'd want a re-registered second hand car? I wouldn't buy one unless it was cheap .

Plenty of discussion on this already:
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3616

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page