Join Date: 26th March 2009
Location: London, UK
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Radio interference when rear demisters are on
Hoping someone can help with a puzzle that a body repair shop, car electric specialist and Honda dealership cannot solve.
Basically a few months back I was hit from behind quite hard after an emergency stop causing around £3000 worth of damage to the back of the car. Once it was repaired I got the car back and was driving one day and had the radio on and i turned on the back screen demisters. At that point the radio lost reception and just crackled. I turned the demisters off and the radio came back on. So something is interfering with the radio when the demisters are turned on but no idea what.
The repair shops have:
- Replaced the radio booster box in the boot lid as they thought the impact may have damaged it.
- Tested each heating element to check for damage
- Tested earth and live side of the heating elements to see if there is any problem
- Check for damaged wires
- Checked wiring loom between boot lid and main car
- Replaced button and switch to the demisters in the dashboard
I think that is everything they have tried.
If anyone has any ideas at all it would be greatly appreciated.