Electrics Hands free compatable with HTC Desire - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th September 2010, 15:11 Thread Starter

Question Hands free compatable with HTC Desire

I am upgrading in the next few days to my new Sapphire Blue Type R; I didn't go with the standard Honda Bluetooth pack as it didn't say whether it was compatable with the HTC Desire phone I have at the moment. Any advice/suggestions on a good kit I can have installed after purchase that will be compatable with my phone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12th September 2010, 16:49

Car: 2007/57 cdti ES
I'm using an iOplay for calls & mainly streaming music via bluetooth.I brought it originally for an iPod touch but could never get the volume loud enogh to be completely happy with it.The call quality is superb and the music side is so much better than with the touch.The stock android music player is OK, but I'm now using the MixZing app which gives you a graphic equaliser and gain control.
The only downside is that it eats the battery with bluetooth on - currently waiting for delivery of a Brodit proclip & active holder which should help the rubbish battery life on the desire.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th September 2010, 09:10 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for tha advice - what does the iOplay look like in the car - I want to ensure I get something as discreet as possible?

I am also suffering from the battery woes with this HTC phone - one day is all mine lasts so once I can charge it in car, all the better!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th September 2010, 18:13

I'll post a picture of what you can see of my install when I'm at home - most of it is hidden under the centre/gearlever console. The mic sits at the top of the a pillar trim and seems to work very well there.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 14th September 2010, 11:07

As you can see from the pictures (please excuse the dirty interior) the controller sits where the 'ashtray' is normally located.The controller gives phone pick up/hang up and last number redial and audio control as you'd expect.You can pause the track by pressing the vol knob once - hold it down and you'll switch back to the Honda stereo.I mounted the controller on a piece of aluminium plate wrapped in black self adhesive vinyl.
Installation is very simple once you've got the console + radio out - there's some invaluable how-to's on this site.The only other thing you'll need is an ISO adaptor lead to connect the iOplay amp to the system.

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0039.jpg
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 23rd September 2010, 23:11
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 5d Blueish Silver
Only thing i can comment on is the Desire's battery life, i can happily get 2-3 days out of mine with moderate-heavy usage

Get yourself over to XDA-Developers and get your phone rooted and flash a custom rom, battery life will be instantly improved! Also, don't use task killers, they are worse for your battery believe it or not.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 1st October 2010, 23:32

Car: 2006 2.2 CDTi 5 Door ES
Send a message via MSN to thetman1701
I have the ioPlay in my Civic too, works very well.

I mounted the controller on the curved trim just behind the gearstick.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page