Battery bosh - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th September 2010, 18:38 Thread Starter

bosh

hi can any one help my car keeps getting a flat battery if its left for a day or two. i have read the forum about the problem but honda said that my car dosent have a problem its the wrong type thats in the car. i am usung a bosh 640amp and i should have a 680amp battery. would this cause the battery to drain over night any help would be greatfull.

phoenix honda linwood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th September 2010, 19:00
Foglight Covers FORSALE

I'm using a lower amp battery in mine and it's 6 years old, as it was my original from my last car, long story but vie had this in since January and has been perfect, no problems. However I will be switching back to my original civic battery mid winter. As I only do short trips it hammers the battery with the bits on in the winter. I would just give it a good charge but not a fast charge. To get my green ball so I could see it took 9 days on my optimate charger. If that don't work then £100 for a new battery should do the trick, but you still need the check the drain or the new battery will be shot in a few weeks.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th September 2010, 14:26 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

thanks

i have taken my car to another honda garadge who also adviced on changing the battery for a honda one. so i bought one and have put it in so i will wait and see if i have the same fault again thanks for your reply mate..

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th September 2010, 15:26
Banned

there has been a recall of certain civic's for the flat battery my car was included it' not the battery it is a relay of some sort MICU i think that it's name itswitch's all the circuits on whilst the car is parked and locked
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th September 2010, 19:44
Foglight Covers FORSALE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcsandchips View Post
i have taken my car to another honda garadge who also adviced on changing the battery for a honda one. so i bought one and have put it in so i will wait and see if i have the same fault again thanks for your reply mate..
I hope you kept the original battery? You and then charge this up and have a spare forth winter should you need it.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th September 2010, 09:01 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Battery

hi thanks i did say to them about the recals but they said that the fault was that the battery i had was only 640amps and not the recomended 680.amp i have since spoke to an auto electrician who said that the battery would not drain due to a difrence in amp's. and that some thing is draning it. honda at phoenix linwood wont take anything to do with the car until i have the correct battery fited. so i bought one from henry honda. and fitted this. so i will wait and see if it happens again which i am sure it will. henry honda were great yesterday and said that they dont belive it to be the amps but it should have a honda battery. that way they can do a test on the car should it fail again. for a small sum off money£60.00.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 17th September 2010, 10:38

I had 3 flat batteries in one day & if you left the radio on for more than 5 mins it went flat got the micu sorted as MJ said and it now lasts for a good time now never had a flat battery since.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page