Phone HFT and K800i Problem Fixed - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007, 18:39 Thread Starter

HFT and K800i Problem Fixed

Didn't have any problems with my previous 1.8 EX but now I have a type R my phone would not come through the car's speakers on outgoing, incoming it worked fine. I have flashed the phone with the latest firmware from the Sony Ericsson site and it now works fine.

This might be a re-post; if so I am sorry.

Regards

Spencer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007, 20:06
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetgeezer View Post
Didn't have any problems with my previous 1.8 EX but now I have a type R my phone would not come through the car's speakers on outgoing, incoming it worked fine. I have flashed the phone with the latest firmware from the Sony Ericsson site and it now works fine.

This might be a re-post; if so I am sorry.

Regards

Spencer
Hello, can you now dial a number on your phone keypad and it go out via the HFT or only if you use the voice commands? I flashed my K800i on Monday and incoming calls are fine and if I use the voice commands to dial it is fine but I would like to use the phonebook on the phone if possible. Can you tell me what version of software is your phone now running and what network are you with ?

Thanks
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 22nd March 2007, 20:49 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I have only used voice dialling to be honest - will try via keypad tomorrow. Firmware version is R1ED001. Network is Vodafone.

Cheers

Spencer

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2007, 22:46
Supporter

Car: 2006 CTS GT 2.2 , Vivid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadgetgeezer View Post
I have only used voice dialling to be honest - will try via keypad tomorrow. Firmware version is R1ED001. Network is Vodafone.

Cheers

Spencer
Hi any chance of a link to the update on the firmware for this phone as I cant seam to find it many thanks!
Steve
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2007, 23:03
Supporter

Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
If its anything like my long Sarge with this other wise super phone after flash or brand new phone , it will work OK until you try to transfer a call from handset to headset the it will fail and say transfered to handset and transfer failed all the time, when you receive a call mine after a few fail calls went straight away to handset and there was nothing i could do about it. It was a pity it was a super phone , camera , games device , but after lot of hassle , updates 3 new phones fixes trick on car etc i gave up and got a d900 works super every time straight out the box , pity its camera is poor for only 0.1 mega pixel less then the k800.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 3rd April 2007, 23:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I used this:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...21839&esi=true

Use it at your peril because if updating and e.g. you lose power to pc or phone is low on charge, you can ruin it (happened to my mate).

Anyway, worked fine for me on k800i.

Regards

Spencer
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 4th April 2007, 14:15

I downloaded this the other day but still can't seem to get it to work after dialling out.

I have had nothing but problems with my K880i anyway. It has been repaired once and still reboots when it fancies, has intermittent issues with buttons/joystick and the speaker works when it feels like it.

It's a shame as the picture quality was rather good.

I have to say the performance of the car's HFT though is excellent. The voices are clear both for myself when driving and for the person on the other end of the call.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 5th April 2007, 14:28

To follow on...

Current Software Version:
CXC1250210
R1CB001

if anyone is able to help, I would be eternally grateful and will sacrifice a thousand camels in your honor. Cheers. Adam
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 5th April 2007, 14:30

Opps, not quite getting the hang of this yet. Thought I'd already posted...

Sorry, my name is Adam and I'm new to all this. I have a Type R GT which I'm struggling to get my K800i to work properly with the HFT. I am on the 02 network and I'm told I have the latest software (as per previous post). I can receive calls fine, but can't use either the phone's or HFT's phonebook to make calls.

Any ideas. Many thanks. Adam

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page