Other HFT With Iphone 4 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2010, 15:00 Thread Starter

HFT With Iphone 4

Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone could help. I have just got a 57 plate Civic EX with built in Sat Nav and built in bluetooth handsfree. Does anyone know if the Iphone 4 works with this car. The dealership said not but I was wondering if the updates help. I am also getting an Ipod adaptor fitted and if you know if this works well with the Iphone 4 this would be a great help too!

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Regards,

Adam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2010, 15:49

Car: 2009 HONDA CW CTR GT NO 202
Send a message via MSN to rooneyhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam J View Post
Hi all,

I was wondering whether anyone could help. I have just got a 57 plate Civic EX with built in Sat Nav and built in bluetooth handsfree. Does anyone know if the Iphone 4 works with this car. The dealership said not but I was wondering if the updates help. I am also getting an Ipod adaptor fitted and if you know if this works well with the Iphone 4 this would be a great help too!

Thank you in advance for any help on this.

Regards,

Adam.

my iphone 3gs doesnt work on the honda ipod lead mate s i doubt yours will it only allows the ipod as far as im aware i may be wrong though and mine may just be broken
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2010, 17:59
Supporter

Car: 57 NHB CTR (Nav+HFT)
iPhone 4 works fine in my car (57plate Type R with NAV+HFT).

The hands free kit works fine but I'm yet to work out how to make outgoing calls without having to read aloud the number I'm calling. Recieving calls is no problem though. Once you've paired your phone with the car, every time you get back in the car (provided your bluetooth is turned on on your iPhone) the car automatically links back up with the phone.

Regarding use of the iPhone as an iPod via the iPod adaptor, you get a message on your iPhone along the lines of 'you may not get the full quality of sound/device not designed for this product' but it works fine to me. You can control the tracks/playlists using the steering wheel controls but you get no information about the track title/playlist etc displayed on the 'audio' display of the SatNav screen.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2010, 18:39
Supporter

All worked fine when i had my 09 and iphone 4..
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th October 2010, 12:26

I'm just trying this out too. I have a 06EX, just tried pairing it today and the phone is having trouble finding the HFT. It did do it once so I managed to pair it but no connection since then.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page