Other New headunit installment - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th October 2010, 00:42 Thread Starter

New headunit installment

Hello, this is my first ever post was hoping somebody could help me out.

I have a 2006 new shape model of the honda civic. I am planning to install a new head unit into the car but I am having trouble finding space.
There is a gap below the standard cd player where you can keep cd's etc.
I was wondering is that the space where aftermarket head units can be installed if you take the compartment out?

The only other option I see is in the glove box, but that is pretty inconvenient...

If anyone has installed an aftermarket head unit in the car could you please let me know where you put it?

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th October 2010, 15:16
Supporter

Aftermarket head unit.....no i dont think you can in a civic......[sarcasm]
try the search function and wiki.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th October 2010, 15:21
Supporter

Car: CW Civic FD2
Yes you can fit an aftermarket cd player into the new shape civic. The facia costs around 200-220. But you also need to either wire the oem headunit in to the new cd player and store it in the boot so that the power still runs the ac control unit and clock. I also also seen a different clock you can buy and replace the normal clock, but most people keep the standard cd player in the boot.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th October 2010, 15:29
Supporter

Car: 58 NHB TYPE R GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by murray View Post
Yes you can fit an aftermarket cd player into the new shape civic. The facia costs around 200-220. But you also need to either wire the oem headunit in to the new cd player and store it in the boot so that the power still runs the ac control unit and clock. I also also seen a different clock you can buy and replace the normal clock, but most people keep the standard cd player in the boot.
You can get the facia from gordons Honda for 100. You don't need to keep the oem unit connected either as impulse have made a connector that does away with the headunit and still shows all the controls. I have just fitted a double din in my car and it's all working perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 7th October 2010, 18:28
Ths
Supporter

Car: 2000 BMW 740i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilali View Post
Hello, this is my first ever post was hoping somebody could help me out.

I have a 2006 new shape model of the honda civic. I am planning to install a new head unit into the car but I am having trouble finding space.
There is a gap below the standard cd player where you can keep cd's etc.
I was wondering is that the space where aftermarket head units can be installed if you take the compartment out?

The only other option I see is in the glove box, but that is pretty inconvenient...

If anyone has installed an aftermarket head unit in the car could you please let me know where you put it?

Thanks everyone.
Check the ICE forum (In Car Entertainment), http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...reat-news.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by murray View Post
That is pretty outdated info. Check the thread i linked above. My own project thread http://www.civinfo.com/forum/modific...2-project.html also shows how its done with the Impulse adapter.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page