Battery Anyone had issues on 56 plate 1.8 EX with their battery? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 29th December 2010, 20:07 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: Seat Leon FR TDi BTCC
Anyone had issues on 56 plate 1.8 EX with their battery?

I pick up my 56 plate 1.8 EX on Friday, been getting worried about the flat battery issue I have been reading about for the 2008 Civic, is it anything I should be concerned about?

The only reason I ask is the car had a flat battery when I went to test drive it and then again 5 days later when I went back to buy the car (although it had not run apart from the 10 minute test drive between those two visits to gain any charge) I have been guessing it was flat due to being a used car sat on forcourt?

Does it effect the 56 plate and do I really need to turn of the auto lights and wipers? Have them on our Mondeo ST and always leave them on, it seems a bit daft.
Just checking incase I need to mention anything to Evans Halshaw about it, they are going to give it a full charge before I pick it up. Also checked Honda site and there are no recalls for the car.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 29th December 2010, 20:10
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
There are plenty of threads about batteries.

I think there was a specific issue at one point with a MICU problem, which is now solved.

In general the Civic batteries are rather small, and there have been many cases of cars being drained if parked up for a while.
Turning off auto lights and wipers is what the manuals tells you to do, and I have always followed this when leaving the car for a few days.

I have not had any issues myself though, apart from it being hesitant to start at below -10C.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 29th December 2010, 20:18

Car: 2008 FK2 1.8 Milano Red
If you have furukava battery then you have big problem this battery is disaster.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 29th December 2010, 20:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Its probably me worrying about nothing, I have not even got the car yet. Hopefully when its fully charged I'll not have any issues. Thats always the problem with forums is you read the bad points and sometimes put 2+2 together and get 5. Its just with the battery being flat when I looked at it I got reading on here.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st December 2010, 00:33
Supporter

Just out of interest would you mind sharing how much you paid for the car? Am looking at one the same spec from a honda garage and they are asking 8k for it which seems a little steep to me.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st December 2010, 08:18
Supporter

Eco display
I leave my 56 EX parked in a car park for two weeks out of five and it starts first time every time (so far!). As mentioned i turn off the auto lights and wipers and not had any issues.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st December 2010, 08:54
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
I would keep an eye on the battery and see if you can determine whether it's original or not.

As mentioned, they're not particularly powerful and unless you are doing some decent runs to keep it fully topped up you could run into problems with an old battery, especially with the EX kit list.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st December 2010, 14:25 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I paid 7994 for mine, its 56 plate with only 27K on clock, also has heated leather and double sun roof
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st December 2010, 15:29

Car: 2007 1.8ES i-shift
My '07 plate ES has been fine so far even though I leave the auto lights permanently on (I do leave the auto wipers off for fear of them freezing to the screen and blowing the ECU - never worked out whether that problem only affects the diesel!). My car is often left 5 days without being started - even started when it was -9 having been left outside for 5 days. I did have a look at the tester panel on the battery the other day, and according to the colour it's showing, the battery is still in good condition.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 31st December 2010, 17:37
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik_t View Post
I paid 7994 for mine, its 56 plate with only 27K on clock, also has heated leather and double sun roof
Thanks for that, the one i was looking at has no leather, no parking sensors or double sun roof and has nearly 50k on the clock! Think i will carry on looking

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page