Other Air bag sensor faulty - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 7th January 2011, 12:44 Thread Starter
Supporter

Angry Air bag sensor faulty

Hi All Airbag sensor faulty and this is when the fun starts.
Yep past the 3 years warranty But under 90 k And Mr Honda does not want to help,good aftersales care and service.
BUT I have the Honda Extnded Warrenty All services done by Honda and stamps in the book.
BUT ONE SERVICE DONE 12 MILES YES 12 MILES OVER AND THEY REJECT THE CLAIM.
What a joke Honda are not the power of dreams and leave a customer driving a car in which the air bags may not deploy,lets hope i do not crash.

It,s in the small print that if you go over the miles then you must write to the "company".
Ok which "company" is this then.

Honda customer services not at all bothered,5 Hondas in the family and 15 if we include the extended family.

The service Manager at the Garage has been very good BUT as for the warranty company Honda use a joke.
The Garage knows the policy rules why did they not write to the "company" to say 12 miles over??

I have been told to speak to the Honda Customer Relations Manager but they will not give me hisor her name or number!!!
Rant over feel better.

BUT to all with a Honda warranty ask for the FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND READ THEM,HONDA WANT THE BUT DO NOT WANT TO REPAIR FAULTY CARS.

You drop your car off for a service they do a road test and use it to drop you back at work thus taking you past the mileage limit and then,when you need to claim on the warranty they reject it.
Honda should automatically write to the "company" to inform them of this when it happens,i tried to book the car in earlier but they had staff off sick.So it 's serviced a few miles and i mean a few miles late and Honda Warranty reject the claim.
I am considering leaving Honda why stay when this is what happens.

Letter to What car and Auto Express and BBC Watchdog.
It's bad enough you have to claim on the warranty BUT to get it rejected and then not given any help,when all that is needed is for a letter to be sent to the "company" saying serviced 12 miles late.

How many cars are serviced spot on the miles? Who can get booked in on the exact date? If honda had more service depts and service cars this would not happen.

My Dad has looked at 6 Hondas this morning and 4 have had late miles services!!!! Thus any buyer would not get any warranty claims either.
Trading standards letter in the post.
Any help from members would be great please a 300 bill after xmas not good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th January 2011, 19:11 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the private messages will do this first thing Monday am
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10th January 2011, 11:48 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Result Warranty company have told the Dealership to go ahead with the claim.
Thanks for the private messages.
Well worth being a member of the Civic info club.
Happy Honda owner,well lets hope its fixed on Tues.
Will post back once fixed.
Also big problem in the USA with these sensors going faulty!!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 30th January 2011, 20:57 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Follow up car fixed.
Still not happy with the "Honda" warranty which is not run by honda.
Oh well we will see if i buy another Honda.
If Honda read these comments please please understand "WE" that is your customers are your wage slips at the end of the month.
So if you want to keep getting wage slips then look after us,rather simple But try getting that passed on to the "Honda" warranty people.
Most companies want repeat business Does Honda!!!!!
Rant over feel better.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page