Problem with alarm and battery - Civinfo
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 18:20 Thread Starter

Car: 2008 2.0 type R GT RED
Problem with alarm and battery

I have re-charged my battery because it was flat this morning, not completly flat, but wouldnt start engine.

I have just re-connected the battery and the alarm goes off straight away. The key remote wont shut it off nor will inserting the key into the door locks. The engine still starts tho but the alarm continues to go off, it only shuts up when i dis-connect the battery. I have searched all over the net and consulted the honda manual and no help what so ever.

I really need to fix it ASAP as i have to head off for work at 4.30am tomorrow. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 18:37

Last time it happened to me it was just a case of locking and unlocking the car with key fob once the battery had enough charge.

Sorry can't help more.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 18:40 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Just to add, i also know its not the key thats the problem as it locks and unlocks the car. just that the alarm wont shut off. I have also tried the spare keys.

Im getting close to kicking it to death lol, if no body can suggest a fix then i would be ok if someone could tell me how to disarm the alarm.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 18:54
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Hopefully this might work for you.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 18:57 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplyred View Post
Hopefully this might work for you.
Already tried it and failed lol, this is really irritating me because its a simple thing. Who'd of thought charging a battery would cause chaos.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 18:58
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to DUNCAN
Try locking the car FIRST then take the battery of and then put it back on with the car still lock .And keys in your pocket
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 19:00
Administrator

Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny212 View Post
Already tried it and failed lol, this is really irritating me because its a simple thing. Who'd of thought charging a battery would cause chaos.

It looks like you may have to disconnect the siren until you can get it fixed.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 19:05
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to DUNCAN
TRY LOCKING the car first and then take battery of and wait one hour be for putting battery back on. keep the keys in your pocket.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 19:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNCAN View Post
TRY LOCKING the car first and then take battery of and wait one hour be for putting battery back on. keep the keys in your pocket.
Have locked the car and disconnected the battery, will update in an hour.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 23rd January 2011, 20:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNCAN View Post
Hasnt worked alarm still goes off as soon as battery is connected, again engine starts and car locks and everything but alarm just keeps going lol.
A job for Honda me thinks, but i will give em a piece of my mind because this is stupid and probably gonna cost me money i cant afford.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 16:27 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Contacted Honda who said the Lithium battery in the Siren has gone and a new Siren will cost 555 + vat. I told him not a chance and asked how charging a battery could cause this, he said it was just a coincidence.

He did tho tell me how to disconnect the siren breifly. So this is what i intend to do, but could do with some advice here.

He told me its located in the passenger side rear panel,
And that i just unplug the wire, he said the alarm would still go off due to the back up battery but it would eventually die and hey presto.

So if anyone could give me a detailed explanation of what to do to disconnect the siren and get the rear panel off i would be very gratefull.

Must say i feel like they are trying to con me.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 17:18
車神

Quote:
Contacted Honda who said the Lithium battery in the Siren has gone and a new Siren will cost 555 + vat. I told him not a chance and asked how charging a battery could cause this, he said it was just a coincidence.

He did tho tell me how to disconnect the siren breifly. So this is what i intend to do, but could do with some advice here.

And that i just unplug the wire, he said the alarm would still go off due to the back up battery but it would eventually die and hey presto.

So if anyone could give me a detailed explanation of what to do to disconnect the siren and get the rear panel off i would be very gratefull.

Interesting...never knew the alarm could run out of power. Could they not replace the lithium battery rather than replacing the whole siren?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 17:22
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi ES NHB
Quote:

How much - you could always do your own Falcon Six Tone Battery Backup Car Alarm Siren 14.99 - in-car-stuff.com - Car Alarms & Security, Car Audio, In Car DVD & TV, Car Styling, UK and Ireland delivery
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 24th January 2011, 17:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsprigganx View Post
Interesting...never knew the alarm could run out of power. Could they not replace the lithium battery rather than replacing the whole siren?
Apparantly not, it comes as a unit so the whole thing has to be replaced. But im confused as to why it has a battery and a back up battery, i would have assumed it runs of the engine battery and has a back up incase my engine battery runs flat?...

But my main focus is getting into the panel where the siren is hiding, any help much appreciated.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 9th February 2011, 09:59

Alarm problem too

Hi Johnny

Did you manage to get your alarm fixed? My car is doing exactly the same thing too after the battery went flat and I charged it back up.
I have a civic ex 2006 model.

The alarm goes off if you unlock/lock the car, but the engine will still start.

Not looking to pay the 555 + VAT you werer quoted by Honda!
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 17th February 2011, 22:50
Foglight Covers FORSALE

If the alarm will come apart, you should be able to get a battery for it. Google the battery make or any numbers and you should get somewhere
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 28th June 2011, 16:11

Sorry to bump an old thread, but did you sort this out? I have the identical problem with my 06 Civic ES and have been advise by my dealership to disconnect the siren to save the 600-odd for a new unit. They told me it's located behind the trim over the driver's side rear wheel but won't go into any further details. I've heard of people doing this but was wondering if you or anyone else here had successfully removed the trim. Any pointers, advice (what not to break!) or order of removal would be appreciated. Thanks.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 15th March 2014, 22:44

Car: 2008 2.2 EX nighthawk black
Thumbs up alarm problem after jump start solved

I had a similar problem after I forgot to swtich off my head lights on a foggy morning.As expected when it was time to go home the battery was flat.Managed to get jump leads with a friends help and was able to get the car started.However my happiness was short lived.As soon as I reached the alarm went bonkers.It kept on going off for non reason.I tried everything mentioned on honda uk/US forums but of no avail.Finally the next day on one the posts,I believe it US forum said as follows.Insert the key in the ignition and turn it to position II and repeat it once more without taking out the key.Once you have done it the second time take out the key and exit the car and lock it as usual with a remote fob and thats it..It worked for me.Dont ask me how I dont know much about cars.....
Steve Roberts likes this.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 10th July 2016, 23:00

this worked for me. for the alarm issue started when I depressed the lock button when the car was running. (long story don't ask) so the fix was connect battery, alarm starts to sound. put key in ignition and turn to on position, then off and then to on again. then remove key close door (alarm will still be sounding) and then lock car with remote. this fixed the issue for me.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 22nd August 2016, 18:48

I just replaced my battery in my 2002 Honda Accord with the same problem. After connecting the battery, then turning the key to position II twice, then with the key, locking, unlocking, and locking again....the alarm finally turned off.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Tags
alarm , battery

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page