Phone K800i HFT problem - can anyone help? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 10:36 Thread Starter

K800i HFT problem - can anyone help?

Hi,

I have a Type R GT and still struggling to get my K800i to work properly with the HFT. I am on the 02 network and I'm told I have the latest software. I can receive calls fine, but can't use either the phone's or HFT's phonebook to make calls.

I know some people have found a fix for this, but not sure if that was on a different network to me...? I have the following software / firmware details:

Current Software Version:
CXC1250210
R1CB001

If anyone is able to help me with this, I would be eternally grateful.

Cheers. Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 18:19
Supporter

Hi I have a K800i on O2, if you are using the update service which is on the phone itself to check for a newer version it doesn't work. It will always say you have the latest version when you don't. I downloaded the Sony Ericsson software for updating phones from there website. You need a PC to run this on and the USB cable that should have come with the phone, after running that it updated my phone to the following version.

R1JG001 (that's the only part of the software version that matters really)

I have now done 5 others for people at work and not had any problems, it does not effect anything on the phone like contacts etc.

I still can't use the phonebook on the phone itself but that seems normal regardless of what phone you have after talking to others on here. It dials out fine using the HFT phonebook or you can dial from your phone, hang up very quickly then use the redial command with the HFT.

Hope that helps
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 19:29 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks.

I've done exactly what you've suggested a couple of weeks ago, which didn't seem to work - do I need to re-pair the phone with the HFT or anything before it will work?

Many thanks.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 19:36
Supporter

Hi I would try it again as they updated the software quite recently and the version you have posted is a few behind. I did my O2 K800i about 10 days ago and it has worked fine ever since. I did not have to delete my paired phone but it can't hurt.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 19:43
Supporter

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,774 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
Have a look near the bottom of the first post here:

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=124349

and you'll see R1J is available on O2.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 23:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

buggar. think I've made this worse... I've tried the SE update service, but it came up with an error message so not sure if it has worked properly as my firmware is still the same.

And now, I can't connect the phone to the HFT at all. I've also tried connecting my girlfriend's phone to it, which doesn't work either. The nice voice on the HFT says "Timed out". I've even cleared the system to see if that helps, which it doesn't.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 23:51
Supporter

I found it worked better if once the car was searching for the phone to pair to then set the phone to search for devices so they are both searching at the same time.

Hope that helps
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2007, 23:57 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hmmm. Tried that too, but it kept on saying 'not allowed', etc. The phone does see it as 'Honda HFT', but obviously can't connect in that direction. The HFT waits for about 3 minutes before timing out.

Is there any other reason why it might not connect? Thanks.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 18th April 2007, 00:21
Supporter

I suspect you have already tried this but just in case, I usually delete the HFT from the phones devices, delete the phone from the cars devices, switch both the car and phone off and then back on and do the above of trying to get both searching for each other. That has always seemed to work for me.

Good luck
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 18th April 2007, 10:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Has anyone had any issues with updating the Sony Ericsson software? I have tried this now on two PC's and hasn't worked - saying "update error - please disconnect and try again". I'm wondering if there is a problem with my phone itself???

Cheers.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 18th April 2007, 18:41

hi
have just bought a new crv ex ctdi, same thing with the k800i, connected but kept transfering the call back to the phone, read somewhere that if you unbrand it and reinstall the software it works, tried it and yip it does work, i am on orange and the phone is slightly different, menus etc, but no problems as of yet, the site is http://www.wotanserver.com/
it cost you 7 euros (paypal)
you have to download a small programme, wotanclient, and run it from there, you need the software version R1GB001.
warning!!!!! i am led to believe it will void the warranty on your phone, but i can live with that as long as my HFT is working,

russ
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 19th April 2007, 00:47
Supporter

My original K800i T-Mobile firmware wouldn't work properly with the HFT. The car would fail to pair, and initiating pairing from the phone wouldn't always work (the HFT would say something about pairing this way not possible). Once I did get it to pair, calls would ring on the HFT, but transfer straight back to the phone.

A couple of weeks ago, I used the SonyEricsson web update service which upgraded me to R1GB001. I think this firmware has been superceded a couple of times, but it fixed the HFT problem for me. My phone remains network locked.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page