Voice recog Satnav / Hands free question - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st February 2011, 18:19 Thread Starter

Satnav / Hands free question

Hi all.

Only just joined - apologies for jumping straight in with questions and not introducing myself properly, but a) I don't have a Civic (yet?) and b) I'm on a bit of a tight timescale.

A friend of a friend is selling his Civic Type S 1.8i GT-T model (I believe) which he only bought last year and which has factory fitted SSD Satnav, Bluetooth & hands-free phone options. When he first mentioned he was selling it I browsed the internet for info and came across your brilliant site. In it I see lots of mentions about the Honda Satnav having the ability to be voice-controlled and the hands-free being proper hands-free, i.e. voice activated. On the car he is selling, however, there is no voice activation on the Satnav (and no buttons/switches on the steering wheel as I'm led to believe there would be) and the phone isn't properly hands free in that you have to press an icon on the screen to accept an incoming call and scroll through screens to find a stored number to dial (or enter manually) to place an outgoing call. To be fair he did say his phone isn't truly compatible with the system, but my questions are :-

1) If you have a compatible phone can it be voice-controlled & truly hands-free?

2) Can the Satnav be voice controlled, or are there several versions and this one (fairly large rectangular screen set central in the dash which also controls the radio, and pivots forwards to reveal a CD slot and SD card slot) can't be?

Any advise would be gratefully appreciated, & if I buy the car I promise I'll be an active member of the forum!

Last edited by Brizzlekiddy; 21st February 2011 at 18:26.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st February 2011, 18:22
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Most of the posts on here are about the older sat nav system with the screen higher up.

Like this:
civic_int.jpg

This system has voice control.

I'm not sure if the T-grade sat nav has this.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st February 2011, 18:44
Cleaning Moderator

Car: Astra 2.0 SRi with VXR Pack
Thanked 4,119 Times in 3,375 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to shaunwistow
The phone answers itself after a few rings, mine does anyway & mines a 2010 GT-t

As for voice control, i've no idea to be honest, never tried.
Thanks to shaunwistow from:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 21st February 2011, 20:34 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

OK, thanks Shaun.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page