Computer PGM-FI code enquiry - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2011, 19:58 Thread Starter

PGM-FI code enquiry

I've just collected my 2008 Civic 2.2 diesel from a body shop after some panel repairs and as I drove away I saw an error code in the display "PGM-FI". The message was not there before the car went in for the panel repair, and there's no reason I can think of for it the engine management system to have suddenly deteriorated as a result of the wing / bonnet / bumper trim replacement it has had. It's too late a night to return it to the body shop, but can anyone suggest a causal link? Could it be a failure to properly reconnect the battery earth lead? Any ideas? I can imagine the body shop shrugging and saying that it's not a body issue ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2011, 20:03
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
Its probably due to the battery being disconnected
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2011, 20:09 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Sound plausible, Robbo51 - but are you suggesting that there's damage, or just that the battery disconnect / reconnect can randomly confuse the fault diagnosis system, and a repeat disconnect / reconnect would likely fix it?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 2nd March 2011, 20:23
Supporter

Car: Mazda MX-5 (lightly modded)
Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,415 Posts
The manual tells you how to remove the "PGM-FI" mesage
If I remember, you turn the ignition on and off again 3 times at 30 second intervals...It may take several attempts but it does work
Thank You to robbo51 from 2 Users:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2011, 19:08 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Sadly could not clear it this way. The body shop is supposed to be sending out some kind of auto electrical bod to look at it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 4th March 2011, 21:38
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
That error message is a engine management fuel injection error. Have you chipped your civic or had it remapped? Sure they didnt take your car out and "kane" it to the limits?
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 4th March 2011, 22:51 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

The electronics guy who came out with a diagnostic unit today read an error code reporting a damaged aircon sensor ... the sensor is right at the front of the right longit, which puts it into the damage zone from the accident that the body shop were repairing (some numpty reversed out of a side road into the car as my wife was driving past). So it sort-of fits ... the sensor looks ok, but I guess it took a bit of a slap in the accident. Anyway, seems like it'll need to be replaced. Odd that the error was this PGM-FI: seems a bit of a catch-all if it's flagging aircon sensor errors ... unless there's more than one fault here of course.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 6th June 2011, 13:22

Hi Guys,

I have a Honda Civic 2008 model CDTi,

I have when to to urn on the engine today and when I turned the key before hitting the start button I have a error PGM-FI on the dial.
I do not have a clue about cars or what this means. I have read numerous posts and not too sure what I can or should do with it. I did start the engine and it was fine, im really worried about this and any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 6th June 2011, 13:29
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi ES NHB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambof1985 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a Honda Civic 2008 model CDTi,

I have when to to urn on the engine today and when I turned the key before hitting the start button I have a error PGM-FI on the dial.
I do not have a clue about cars or what this means. I have read numerous posts and not too sure what I can or should do with it. I did start the engine and it was fine, im really worried about this and any help wpuld be greatly appreciated.
Does your aircon work OK? - try both hot and cold temperatures to make sure it's blowing the correct air

Have you tried resetting the error as robbo51 suggested?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 5th July 2012, 16:57

Hi Guys,

I know that this post is a little bit old now, but today when I was going to work, half-way this error had occurred, I did not touch anything and surely I did not disconnected the battery leads, I've checked the a/c too as suggested by NoNumpty, and its OK,

Can anyone give me a clue or help me out from where or what should I check more, I hope this is not a huge problem since I bought my car only 4 months ago having 80,000 miles!! :/
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 15th November 2016, 06:31

I have a Honda civic 2002 that shows the engine light and flicking of the battery occasssionaly. am not sure of cars

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics-8g/52359-pgm-fi-code-enquiry.html
Posted By For Type Date
Forums CivicYume - Consulter le sujet - Erreur tableau de bord This thread Refback 24th July 2013 08:45
Forums CivicYume • Consulter le sujet - Erreur tableau de bord This thread Refback 23rd June 2011 10:55