Parking Reversing camera-NON sat nav lcd positioning? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 9th March 2011, 20:58 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 galaxy grey
Question Reversing camera-NON sat nav lcd positioning?

Hi guys, Just bought a cheap and cheerful reversing camera . I can follow the info on fitting the camera etc BUT my car has no satnav so I will be fitting a small 3.5" lcd screen. I can wire it all from the back of the car but want to know if the bit on the right of the dash that looks like a speaker panel (not the tweeter)comes off? This would make routing to the camera easier??
Also I am possibly going to run the camera from the reversing lights and because I only need the screen for reversing am going to run live wire from the reversing lights all the way to the drivers side dash to power the lcd. Is this okay in respect of voltage/amps etc or is there an easier way of getting power to the lcd everytime I put the car in reverse?
Finally I will attach the camera with 3M type double sided car tape, will that be sufficient (I don't really want to drill the car!)
Thanks

Last edited by marx175; 9th March 2011 at 21:38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11th March 2011, 20:53 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Anyone out there help me? I've now got the bits but am wary to fit unless I overload the reversing light circuit ?????
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11th March 2011, 21:27
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
The panels you refer to don't come off, they are a moulded part of the dash. Running the power from the back should be fine as I doubt your cam and screen pull that much power, if it does the fuse will blow.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11th March 2011, 22:30
Supporter

Car: 08 Type R GT
if u get this done then post some pics??
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12th March 2011, 08:11 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Hi Thanks for the replies, I will post some pics when done.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th March 2011, 23:07 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I have successfully fitted the camera and lcd all for under 30! (bits from ebay!)
I followed the instructions in the other section, but I could not feed the lead through either the rubber tube on the boot lid or most importantly through the boot area on the top right where that rubber tube is into the car. Every time I tried the wire would just not got through. Now this might be because I was using the drivers side of the car? Anyway I fitted the camera as per the usual instructions connecting it to the reversing light on the passenger side BUT I also attached two other wires as well (to power the lcd) I then fed these across inside the hatch then up to the rubber tube I keep mentioning BUT wrapping the wires around it and then getting the wiring hidden below the rubber strip and following it down to about half way down the boot opening. I then fed a larger cable through that area into the inside of the car and pulled off the rear passenger rubber door seal and pulled on the plastic trim behind it then using a coat hanger pulled the cable through to the back of the car (like the other excellent instructions). Then is was a case of slipping the cables inder the trims by the carpet to the front drivers area, following it about halfway up towards the the dash where honda have left a nice gap between the dash and front where the wires and co-ax connectors fit snuggly. The lcd was then fitted with double sided velcro which to be honest does not stick very well and I will probably use some anti-slip dash mat which can then be used to cover the lcd (which can just lay flat). If I need to remove the lcd (if I park in a dodgy area) i can just pop out the co-ax's from the side of the dash and undo them removing the lcd. Hope this may help someone who doesn't have a satnav car. Here are some pics.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1205 resized.jpg (120.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1223 resized.jpg (59.4 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1228 resized.jpg (60.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1231 resized.jpg (129.9 KB, 60 views)

Last edited by marx175; 14th March 2011 at 23:12.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page