Phone bluetooth wheel controls on Civic 1.4 my 2011 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 4th April 2011, 16:43 Thread Starter

bluetooth wheel controls on Civic 1.4 my 2011

Hello everyone,
I'm about to get a new Civic M.Y. 2011 1.4
Commands on the steering wheel for phone calls are not included in this version but i've seen on the car configurator that a handsfree bluetooth accessory is available for my car as well.

That should make it like it's on the 1.8 model right?

I was wondering how it works and if it's compatible with an iphone 4.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Cheers!
Claudio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 6th April 2011, 21:36

Car: 2011 1.4 Type S, Milano Red
my experiance with the honda HFT is somewhat disapointing. Honda Handsfree refers to the factary fitted version (withe steering wheel controls), however seems very similar in compatability as the dealer fitted HFT blueetooth option.

My experiance is it connects fine but it won't accept any transfer of contacts on my blackberry (works fine for older standard nokia phones). This makes it pretty crap as you can't see any names who is calling or call from the system.

And at close to £400 fitted a complete waste of money. Suggest you go for something like a parrot and have it fitted privatly, probably half the money and you can be sure with them that it will support your phone. (my cheap old parrot cost be £150, and worked perfect with my blackberry in all ways, my expensive new Honda kit as above doesnt. Hence not happy!!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page