Phone Dealer fit Bluetooth kit - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 1st August 2006, 09:04 Thread Starter

Dealer fit Bluetooth kit

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences of the dealer fit bluetooth kit? I have specified one for my car, as I travel a lot I need it to work well at motorway speeds.

Does anyone know how it operates? does the sound come through the stereo speakers? does it automatically mute the stereo like the factory fit version?

any feedback/comments/reviews would be greatly appreciated

Big-Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 1st August 2006, 09:14
Smell My Cheese!

By all accounts the dealer fit kit should be better than the integrated one with the SatNav, there are several of us having problems with that one, seems the Mic is in the wrong place. The dealer fit kit has the mic mounted on the A pillar as I recall, although there has been a counter measure introduced for this kit. I do not know what it is exactly, I only know it exists as they were going to do that to mine, until the bright sparks at Honda CS realised they had forgot to check which kit I have fitted, I mean its not as if the registration palte I gave them would have corresponded to an EX with the Satnav system, is it. If the dealer fit one works then you have made a wise choice not stumping up the extra for the factory fit one, so far its been rubbish, the only option we have is to take a drill to our own car.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 1st August 2006, 09:16

Cannot really help with the Honda 'offering'. But, if I were to add a bluetooth kit, then with a doubt I would go for a 'Parrot' system.

I have one fitted in my current car (Golf MK5), it has a small LCD screen, which shows (and announces) the incoming call, allows me to dial, as well as voice recognition. When I call people, they very often are completely unaware that I am in the car. The sound comes throught the car stereo speakers as well

I bought mine myself and fitted it to the Golf for only £99.

See here for details.

http://www.parrot.biz/united_kingdom....php?id=ck3100

They do loads of different types, but I have the 3100.

Seriously, I would love to get a Honda top-tech guy in my Golf, and show him how a Hands free kit should work - He would hang his head in shame.

The only issue I could see is that there may not be a Civic adapter yet for the wiring to the back of the stereo, but any audio installer could 'splice' in. I was being quoted fitted costs of £150 when I asked.

May be worth considering as a Honda alternative.

BTW -- I do not work for, or get commission from Parrot - Just happy to recommend a top peice of kit.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 1st August 2006, 09:24 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi and thanks for the response,

I've liked the look of the parrot kits but I'm too lazy to go out and buy one and get it fitted, so I just bundled in the Honda one. I'd heard there were problems with the integrated bluetooth/satnav so I steered clear of that. I already have a great little satnav anyway (garmin i3 - cheap as chips but never let me down) so I didn't want to splash out over £1000 to upgrade to an EX with no sunroof.

when I eventually get the car I'll post on here a review of the hands free kit.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th August 2006, 10:42
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Bardley
karlak, where have you got the parrot positioned. I am planning on getting the CK3100 soon and was wondering where I should position it. Got any pictures of it??

TIA
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th August 2006, 10:57
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
Can this actually be fitted to the Civic. I would like a bluetooth phone solution...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th August 2006, 11:02
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Bardley
Oh yeah, I obviosly didn't read karlaks message properly Ignore my last question then, I want to know the same as basegreen
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th August 2006, 11:08
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to basegreen
What's more, I suspect if the HFT kit or the parrot is installed, it could preclude one from having any future ipod link installed.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page