Phone HFT stopped pairing - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By TheFruitMan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12th April 2011, 23:43 Thread Starter

HFT stopped pairing

Hi folks
Been signed up and browsing for a few weeks and found some usefull stuff so far regarding wipers not returning central etc however got a problem that no searching has helped with.

got the car(civic 1.8 ex ) 2 weeks ago and paired up both mine and the wifes phones iphone 3gs and samsung galaxy which worked fine.
2 days ago went to make call and she says no phones found.

when i finished my journy i checked phone bluetooth and it was on and said hft paired but not connected, so i deleted the phone on hft and went through the pairing precedure which all goes through but after being told searching for bluetooth phone nothing happens and it times out. tried over and over with bt off and on pre and post searching for bt phone message

took the wifes phone out and again paired but not connected, deleted phone and tried the same as above same result
reset the whole hft system and still no bt phones are found.

you think its likley that just the bluetooth part of the hft could of failed and is it a replacable part or is it a case of if this has failed the whole of the hft is knackered? everything think else(controls icons etc seem to work as they should)

sorry for the long post but hey

Cheers
Glen
Thanks to marlyg from:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th April 2011, 02:43

Make sure bluetooth of only one of your phones is enabled when you try pairing it next time and that this phone is visible via bluetooth (the HFT must be able to "see" the phone).
After you are done, disable bluetooth on the first phone and repeat everything with the second phone.

It might also help, if you reboot the corresponding phone before you try again.
You should as well remove the key of your car before you reboot the phone and reinsert the key after you have rebooted the phone again.

If you canīt pair a phone, your carīs battery might be drained already (especially after you tried pairing several times in vain), so you should run your engine to always have enough electrical power during the pairing procedure.

When everything is working fine, you should disable the visibility of the bluetooth feature on both of your phones, to avoid any unwanted access.

Last edited by Centauri39; 13th April 2011 at 02:48.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th April 2011, 19:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

hey Centauri39 thanks for the reply, only had one phone in the car at time and both phones were in discovery mode, im pretty convinced its packed up so its back to the garage asap, just thought id throw it out there just in case anyone else had come across it.

warrenty package says sat nav and audio not covered but nothing about hands free telephone or bluetooth so i shant be leaving till they agree to fix it along the replacing the wiper motor

cheers
Glen

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th April 2011, 22:37
Supporter

set the PHONE to search for bluetooth devices..... worked for me .......
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 13th April 2011, 23:37

@ marlyg
I guess, the best thing to do is, while pairing one of your phones, to totally switch off the other one, i.e the one you are currently not pairing.
Thereby, you make sure, thereīs no second bluetooth signal available for the HFT to confuse it.

Each time you failed, you should remove your key from the ignition and reinsert it to return to a default situation for the HFT.

Of course, if it still doesnīt work, your dealerīs help seems inevitable.

Oh,... let me add this:
I didnīt get my C905 paired, neither, until I found out, I had to confirm the start of the pairing procedure with a "double click" on the phone.
Maybe this will do the trick for you, too?

@ upopup
Just wondering, isnīt this whatīs called "discovery mode"?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 15th April 2011, 20:53
Supporter

my phone has 'discoverable' mode and 'scan for devices'. would only pair if I scanned....... it then found Honda hft.
Thanks to upopup from:
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 18th April 2011, 23:44 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

well the iphone only has bt on or off and in "on mode" its discoverable and searches itself and galaxy s has a search funtion as well as discovery mode however when i set these up initially they were both found (individually obviously) straight after after the searching for phone message from car, entered the code i set and i was away. stored about 20 nunbers and both my wife and i used the system for about a week then nothing. back in the garage wednesday so well see what they have to say

cheers
Glen
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 21st October 2012, 17:57

I know this is an old thread but Did you ever manage to get this resolved as I am having exactly the same issue as you.

Thanks
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 21st November 2012, 23:17
Supporter

Car: 58 plate civic diesel EX
Garage
Me too now! HFT doesn't find any phone. It was fine until I changed my phone and deleted the old one, then couldn't get find the new one.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 17th May 2013, 19:14
Supporter

Car: 2.2 i-CTDi EX, Pearl Black
Me too guys. Had a Nokia Lumia and never a day's problem. Changed to the iPhone5 two wks ago and have had to pair it four times now, went into the car today and nothing - even though BT was turned on. Tried pairing it again and after 15 mins felt like chucking the phone out of the car.

Any assisstance would be great......
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 23rd May 2013, 13:22
Supporter

Car: 2006 EX 1.8 5 door
Hi guys.
Anybody resolve the issue with bluetooth pairing as i have the same problem. More than a year my phone worked fine. Few days ago stopped without any reason and now i can`t pair any phone (i`ve tried at least four different mobiles) They can`t discover HFT at all. It`s like the bluetooth device in my car is not working. Will be grateful for any help. Thanks and regards. Dom
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 24th May 2013, 20:35
Supporter

I`ve contact Honda HFT support service and this is the response. I hope it will help to you guys. I did not try this yet but if it fails i will carry on contacting Honda and will place all the answers on forum. Regards. Dom

Dear Mr. Slodowicz, thank you for your reply. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Honda Handsfree system. In order to solve the problem, please follow these steps: Erase every mobile phone from the Handsfree system and the Handsfree system from the phone. Then proceed with a soft-reset of your mobile phone. In order to do so, please switch off the phone, remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, put the battery back in and switch your phone on. Now re-pair your phone and make sure that you initiate the pairing from your Handsfree system. Then activate the search-mode of your mobile phones. If you are experiencing problems during the pairing, please check the following: - Have a look at the settings of your mobile phone. In case you have updated your phone, these settings might have changed. - Ensure that the bluetooth connection is set to " always visible" without any time out function. - Verify that the connection is set to "always connect automatically". - In case you have activated the Wifi connection, please deactivate it. The Handsfree system should be listed under "bluetooth devices". Make sure that it is on top of the list. In addition, please have a look at the device manager of your mobile phone. Some phones offer a setting that allows to tag an external device as a "trusted device". If this feature is available, please tag your Handsfree system as a "trusted device". If the pairing still fails, please let us know at which point of the pairing process you are experiencing the problems. Furthermore, it is of interest if you are getting any error messages on the mobile phone, on the MID of your car or directly from the Handsfree system. Please keep us updated. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further questions or informations. Best regards -- Handsfree Support
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 27th May 2013, 22:41
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodek View Post
I`ve contact Honda HFT support service and this is the response. I hope it will help to you guys. I did not try this yet but if it fails i will carry on contacting Honda and will place all the answers on forum. Regards. Dom

Dear Mr. Slodowicz, thank you for your reply. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Honda Handsfree system. In order to solve the problem, please follow these steps: Erase every mobile phone from the Handsfree system and the Handsfree system from the phone. Then proceed with a soft-reset of your mobile phone. In order to do so, please switch off the phone, remove the battery, wait 10 seconds, put the battery back in and switch your phone on. Now re-pair your phone and make sure that you initiate the pairing from your Handsfree system. Then activate the search-mode of your mobile phones. If you are experiencing problems during the pairing, please check the following: - Have a look at the settings of your mobile phone. In case you have updated your phone, these settings might have changed. - Ensure that the bluetooth connection is set to " always visible" without any time out function. - Verify that the connection is set to "always connect automatically". - In case you have activated the Wifi connection, please deactivate it. The Handsfree system should be listed under "bluetooth devices". Make sure that it is on top of the list. In addition, please have a look at the device manager of your mobile phone. Some phones offer a setting that allows to tag an external device as a "trusted device". If this feature is available, please tag your Handsfree system as a "trusted device". If the pairing still fails, please let us know at which point of the pairing process you are experiencing the problems. Furthermore, it is of interest if you are getting any error messages on the mobile phone, on the MID of your car or directly from the Handsfree system. Please keep us updated. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further questions or informations. Best regards -- Handsfree Support
It worked for me. If anybody still got same problem or will have in the future i hope this solution will help and save some stress and money.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 4th June 2018, 05:44

Huuge help! Even years later, I'm so glad I found this thread. Soft reset of phone seemed to work, finally. Battery out and everything. I'm driving an MY12 2011 Accord Euro (which is an Acura in N.A.), and I had just picked up a Samsung J2 Pro - as my old S4 finally died - and I was mightily frustrated for a week and was considering trashing the whole Stereo 6 stacker just to get a phone to work!!!). Many many thanks Slodowicz; you've now got a friend in Austraila!!
Kremmen and Farqui like this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page