Phone Help/advice needed with Sony Ericsson W800i and HFT - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2006, 09:12 Thread Starter

Help/advice needed with Sony Ericsson W800i and HFT

Had a couple of days now playing around with this but can't use the HFT with my phone, a Sony Ericsson W800i. It's becoming very frustating. The HFT was the cherry on top of a superb car, but it doesn't look like I'll be able to have it.

The phone and the HFT pair up fine using bluetooth and they're both quite happy to recognise each other's existence. The problem comes however when you either try to make or receive a call - the call gets transfered to the phone and not the car. Very annoying and unless I can change it, it's going to render the HFT pretty much useless.

Done the usual net searching thing and come across others with similar problems but as yet I'm struggling for solutions. The irony is that on the Honda website when you look at the features of the Civic the little flash video shows a SE W800i - aarrgghh!!!

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

glh1508
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2006, 09:16

Have a look here and see if it helps :-

http://www.hondahandsfree.com/

Ian
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2006, 11:44
Smell My Cheese!

Are you using the steering wheel controls to make and answer the incoming calls, if you use the phone it will transfer it to the phone. You can not dial a number on the phone and then use the steering wheel to dial, if you hit the call button from the phone it will route the audio to the handset not the HFT, likewise if you do not answer the phone with the steering wheel button but press the answer on the phone it will route to the phone.

One saving grace though, the sound quality will be better with your handset than with the HFT, there are a few of us struggling to get the most from the HFT.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 2nd August 2006, 12:26

I haven't tried it yet, but I think I read that there's a command 'Transfer' that you say to the HFT, which switches between phone and back again. Not ideal, but it might get you somewhere.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2006, 12:42

Funny you should say that I have the w810i and almost the same happens. If someone calls me it'll answer fine. However when I make a call the phone transfers the sound back to itself. To get the answering function to work properly I had to change the phone settings to the 'in car' mode. To do this go into settings and then profiles and select 'in car'. What's funny is my old k750i works perfect.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2006, 12:57

Pudd
I have the same problem are you just saying change the profile to "In car"? and it all works dialing in and out?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 3rd August 2006, 13:36

With my w810i set to 'in car' only answering a call works. Making a call with the handsfree the phone transfers the call back to itself. When I try and transfer it back to the car it fails to do so. My old k750i worked perfectly so when I get time I'll pop my sim back in it and check the settings. Can't see why an old phone would work and the new one doesn't properly.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 4th August 2006, 19:57
Supporter

I have a W810i and have exactly the same issue. Incoming calls come through the car, outgoing calls transfer back to the phone. Must be a software issue with the lastest phone.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 6th August 2006, 08:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the replies.

Parky, I've looked at the website but I'm afraid it doesn't really help in that it assumes there isn't a problem if you've managed to pair your phone and HFT. Mine pair OK but then don't work as they should. I'll try the other suggestions and do a bit more digging/experimenting. Might take a while though as, if you've seen my thread in the general forum, I'm gonna be without my car for a week.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 6th August 2006, 15:14
odm

Another report on the Honda HFT.

I have a K800i and pairs ok with the factory fitted bluetooth module on my 1.8 EX. But I cannot dial calls through the HFT, only recieve. If I try to dial through the HFT it transfers the call to the phone and it won't transfer it back...

If I understand things correctly, the factory fitted and the standalone bluetooth module speaks different bluetooth handsfree protocols, hence the differences in functionality. Someone should in this case add a compatabilty layer for the protocol that doesn't work.

Can someone else confirm this?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 9th August 2006, 15:34

Sony Ericsson and HFT

I'm in the same boat with a brand new W810i not working but my battered old K700i works perfectly. I have sent several e-mails to SE and they say that the blutooth software is the same but the firmware is not. Not much help really
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 10th August 2006, 09:06

I recall reading somewhere about this (can't remember where), but it went something like this ..... the bluetooth connection is a standard protocol (bit like a cable) but then the phones work in different modes with bluetooth; headset, handsfree (or both). The Honda HFT works as a handsfree connection, but if your phone only works as a headset with bluetooth, some functions do not work. This might explain why the "call" function does not work on some phones.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 10th August 2006, 12:25

W800i

I have the above phone and it works fine (except for the quality of the HFT audio Nuff said)

To make an outgoing call either use the voice recognition stored number or speak the number or find your stored number on the phone send and end quicky then say re-dial to the HFT.

If you make a call from the handset then you get the message do you want to transfer the call.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 20th October 2006, 13:43
Supporter

I've just upgraded the firmware on my W810i (via the download on the SE website) after seeing the success in the K800i thread and the HFT now works perfectly!

Firmware version: R4EA031
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 14th January 2007, 20:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudd View Post
With my w810i set to 'in car' only answering a call works. Making a call with the handsfree the phone transfers the call back to itself. When I try and transfer it back to the car it fails to do so. My old k750i worked perfectly so when I get time I'll pop my sim back in it and check the settings. Can't see why an old phone would work and the new one doesn't properly.
Pudd,
I've just bought a K750i in the hope that it would work with my 2.2 i-CTDi EX which I've also just bought. But despite my efforts I can't transfer the sound from the phone to the car for both in-coming and outgoing calls. Could you list the set up for your K750i because I'm out of ideas?
Much appreciated

Copter Doctor
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 6th June 2007, 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey1234 View Post
I have the above phone and it works fine (except for the quality of the HFT audio Nuff said)

To make an outgoing call either use the voice recognition stored number or speak the number or find your stored number on the phone send and end quicky then say re-dial to the HFT.

If you make a call from the handset then you get the message do you want to transfer the call.
I can't get my w800i to work. Anyone no what firmware works for the w800i? It accepts incoming calls to the HFT, but all outgoing calls transfer to the phone
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 8th June 2007, 20:43

Ok to get my phone to work I have had to flash it with the latest K750i firmware. Works fine with the car now but I have lost the mp3 player that the w800i comes with. Anoyed at this as it was the reason Igot the phone! Anyone got any ideas how to get a w800i working with the honda civic?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page