Satnav Hard wiring a Syrius Indago Sat Nav - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th May 2007, 19:17 Thread Starter

Question Hard wiring a Syrius Indago Sat Nav

I am totally non-technical! I have the above and the hard wire lead. I know from the manual that the Indago charges at 5v. - not 12v.
Any help / suggestions on how best to do this much appreciated.
I have mounted the Indago on a Brodit angled clip so would like the hard wire lead to come out of the silver flapped cubby hole under the radio!
Many thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12th May 2007, 14:46
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
tony - what lead would you be using if you were not hard wiring it?

There must be a convertor in there somewhere, and this will need to be used and connected to the 12V hard wire you have put it, to get 5V out...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 13th May 2007, 11:43

Tony

Any chance you can provide details of the Brodit clip (part no. etc) you used for mounting the Indago

I have one of these units too and am looking for the correct Brodit mount to use

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 13th May 2007, 13:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTDegs View Post
tony - what lead would you be using if you were not hard wiring it?

There must be a convertor in there somewhere, and this will need to be used and connected to the 12V hard wire you have put it, to get 5V out...
You are right - there is a converter. I did not make myself very clear - I was after help in where to best get a 12v. feed from and how to route the wiring without taking everything to bits. One thing I don't want is any visible wiring!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 13th May 2007, 13:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbyref View Post
Tony

Any chance you can provide details of the Brodit clip (part no. etc) you used for mounting the Indago

I have one of these units too and am looking for the correct Brodit mount to use
I went to dsldevelopments.com and spoke to a chap called David - VERY helpful. The mount I used was:
Brodit ProClip for Honda Civic - Angled mount
Item No. : 653733 for Years 06-07 in All Countries - there are two other mounts available - one that sits right by the passengers seat edge and a vent clip but I didn't like either of them.
I also bought a tilt and swivel that screws to the mount. Then I used a mini move clip - half of the clip is stuck to the tilt and swivel and the other half to the indago. I had to cut down the clip and ended up fitting it over the serial number sticker on the Indago.
It is a bit of a fiddle to fit and is quite close to the gearstick, but looks very neat. Be warned - make sure when you fit everything together that you can still get the charger plug into its socket on the back of the Indago! Hope this helps!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th May 2007, 10:32
Bog
Supporter

Car: 2016 CR-V 1.6 160 4WD
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
I went to dsldevelopments.com and spoke to a chap called David - VERY helpful. The mount I used was:
Brodit ProClip for Honda Civic - Angled mount
Item No. : 653733 for Years 06-07 in All Countries - there are two other mounts available - one that sits right by the passengers seat edge and a vent clip but I didn't like either of them.
I also bought a tilt and swivel that screws to the mount. Then I used a mini move clip - half of the clip is stuck to the tilt and swivel and the other half to the indago. I had to cut down the clip and ended up fitting it over the serial number sticker on the Indago.
It is a bit of a fiddle to fit and is quite close to the gearstick, but looks very neat. Be warned - make sure when you fit everything together that you can still get the charger plug into its socket on the back of the Indago! Hope this helps!!!

Any photo's of your set up Tony?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 14th May 2007, 19:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bog View Post
Any photo's of your set up Tony?
Will do!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 15th May 2007, 13:48 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt View Post
Will do!
Here they are! Hope they are of some use!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1053.JPG (16.0 KB, 332 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1054.JPG (11.4 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1055.JPG (17.0 KB, 253 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1056.JPG (11.0 KB, 256 views)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 16th May 2007, 23:12
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 ES
Just to say I got my Brodit mount for my PDA from DSL Developments. They are amazingly nice and helpful!

I'm using the vent mount. I can post pictures if anyone wants to see. With the PDA on there it does obscure the CD slot. Not a major problem.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page