Parking problem with parking sensors? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th May 2011, 20:19 Thread Starter

Car: 6/2007 CTR, Milano Red
problem with parking sensors?

Hi mates!

Well, I think I have a problem with my parking sensors. When I put the reverse gear and obviously there is nothing behind the car at least within 5-6 meters range, the parking sensors (four..) seem to scan.. non existing obstacles by chance and the small monitor in the car shows that there is something behind, sometimes on the left, sometimes on the right side, sometimes within 1.5 meter, 1 meter, 30cm, 80cm, ets, etc, and these "values" change many times per 5 seconds, for example. In addition, once, I parked my car and there was a Primera behind me. The monitor showed that there were about 30cm distance between my Civic and the Nissan, but the truth was that I starded.. pushing it!!! What do you thing is the problem with my parking system and its faulty indications? Is there a kind of "chip" in it that needs to be calibrated? Please, help me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th May 2011, 20:21
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
If your car is a 2007 and you have a display, these must be aftermarket parking sensors.

Do you know which brand?

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th May 2011, 20:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Yes indeed, these are after market sensors and I put them in the.. previous week! And yes, my car is '07 model. But I dont know the brand of these sensors.. Is it important?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th May 2011, 11:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Any opinion???
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th May 2011, 14:26

did they every work or have they just started going wrong? I have just put a set of Cisbos on my 06, and they seemed to work ok. A few strange beeps but I am testing them for a week before I make a final decision. What I did wonder was whether it made a difference if the sensors are not fitted in order. On the instructions it says ABCD (left to right from the rear) and the control box and sensors pins are lettered correspondingly. I have seen anything which says the order of connection is relevant, but I will post again once I have tested this out. I wonder if your sensors may be connected in the wrong order and confusing the controller?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th May 2011, 14:31
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8i SP LHD, Milano Red
Send a message via Skype™ to hurricane
I have "Honda factory fitted" (actually put in by the dealer when I ordered the car lol), but sometimes they tell me that there is some obstruction. This usually happens when they are wet, dirty, or frozen at -30C. The solution is to apply some silicon sealant around the back of the sensors so nothing gets in.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 16th May 2011, 20:09 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Latest news.. I went to my electrician and told him the problem. He found a kind of "chip", hidden somewere in my boot and re-adjusted (reduced..) the sensitivity of sensors. I Have to admid that they work much better now, with much less faulty indications..

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page