Phone has anyone used Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) with the HFT? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 6th June 2011, 14:25 Thread Starter
Supporter

has anyone used Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) with the HFT?

Hi guys,

I noticed today that when I set my Samsung Galaxy S2 to 'driving mode' which allows you to reply to text messages etc all by voice, it does not use the mic that is part of the hands free system. Therefore its not possible to use it.

i just wondered if anybody had managed to use this phone with the hands free feature and be able to voice dial and text from the phones hands free system instead of the car, but using the cars mic.

When I say it like that, it sounds impossible actually...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 6th June 2011, 14:37
Never tap!

Car: 2007 Type S 2.2GT Milano Red
will give it ago
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 6th June 2011, 15:31 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

thanks very much. while you're at it, where do you put your phone when in the car? That thin little bugger slips out of my pocket constantly so I wanted to get a air vent mount like the one I used to have in my previous car but they seem hard to find for the side mount (you can only get center mounted decent ones - but for a right hand drive that means touching the phone with my left hand)

oh and also, just to confirm, you can't stream audio via bluetooth to the stock HFT can you? I certainly can't get it to work but then I've had both phone and car for under a week!

Last edited by tikigod19; 6th June 2011 at 15:45.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 7th June 2011, 09:30
Never tap!

Brodit clip all the way mate, best design by far - Brodit.se , still not managed to test anything for you yet

Not tried any air mounted ones never found them that secure.

It is a very thin handset and do forget you have it in your pocket.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 7th June 2011, 10:13 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

ive seen that brodit one before and it looks very well made. I thought that it mounted to the air vent though? Albeit with a bit more of a secure looking mount. Is that correct?

Might be a case of just getting this one and learning to use my right hand...

I was looking for an excuse to touching my phone so much whilst driving so that might actually do me a favour!

Any thoughts on bluetooth streaming audio?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2011, 15:39

Car: Honda CR-V 2.0 i-VTEC
As per your requirement i feel you may contact "Yuri" Malanin (Movie: Echlon Conspiracy..lol was a nice movie and yes Shane wanted sumthing like what you ask for ) .. What i feel abt s2 is its much better than its predecessor galaxy s. The galaxy s was also good ... but this new galaxy s2 is way better . Dual core and 1080p video, front facing camera, and gingerbread. They fixed everything that was lacking with the original s and most important the display screen is enlarged than previous galaxy s with Super AMOLED Plus technology.

Super AMOLED Plus is said to deliver a brighter, more vibrant image so this will make compulsory for ma brother to buy samsung galaxy s2 accessories like screen protector to fit its screen coz previously he used galaxy s and he wished he could utilize dos accessories for this one. Bad luck bro..
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 22nd June 2011, 16:02 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Lovely.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 17th July 2011, 20:18

how well does the Galaxy S2 work with the HFT? can you dial a number from the phone and the HFT picks it up?
cheers
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th July 2011, 09:17 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

No it doesn't, you have to voice dial from the hft. Im buying a parrot soon. Real shame
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th July 2011, 20:07
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 cdti, ex, black.
HFT bluetooth System

1) Does anybody else have a problem receiving calls with the Samsung Galaxy s2? Mine rings via the HFT but then drops the call from the car to the phone on occasion, any idea's?
2) Also why can't I dial a number via the phone which gets transmitted through the HFT?
3) Why cant I store numbers into the car and display them on the cars screen?
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 19th July 2011, 10:01 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz4021 View Post
1) Does anybody else have a problem receiving calls with the Samsung Galaxy s2? Mine rings via the HFT but then drops the call from the car to the phone on occasion, any idea's?
mine doesn't do this and it always pairs very quickly

Quote:
2) Also why can't I dial a number via the phone which gets transmitted through the HFT?
I think this is an issue with the phone but there are 2 less than ideal ways of doing it. Firstly you can dial the number and then hang up. Then push the call button and say redial. Secondly you can dial the number, wait until its connected, then push the button and say Transfer and it will transfer the call to the HFT. However you need to wait until it connects so if you can do this without the caller hearing you and wondering what the hell you're doing then you're a better man than me.

Quote:
3) Why cant I store numbers into the car and display them on the cars screen?
because this is not supported on the HFT. Its a very basic one.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 19th July 2011, 10:46
Never tap!

i have a factory fitted bluetooth system fitted in mine from new, all phones have worked pefect apart from the galaxy s2

Very poor qaulity once connected and making calls.

May have to get another system.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 19th July 2011, 20:31 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundy View Post
i have a factory fitted bluetooth system fitted in mine from new, all phones have worked pefect apart from the galaxy s2

Very poor qaulity once connected and making calls.

May have to get another system.
this is interesting, i never thought it'd be the phone. I'm going to try my wifes iphone 4 in the next couple of days and leave an answerphone message on the home phone using both the iphone and galaxy s2 and then listen back to compare. Will report my findings
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 17th September 2012, 18:03

Desperate to know if my phone is compatible with my hft

I'm not getting anywhere, does anybody know if it is possible or not to use the hft with my Samsung galaxy s2
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th September 2012, 13:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandymo View Post
I'm not getting anywhere, does anybody know if it is possible or not to use the hft with my Samsung galaxy s2

I've got this phone, too, and it does work great.

In case, you also got a Bluetooth earpiece for the phone, just make sure not to forget to turn off that earpiece before you put your key into the ignition (otherwise, the phone doesn't connect to the HFT, even if it's paired to the HFT already) and of course turn it on again after removing the key.

Oh, and make sure you didn't buy the SGS2 with a G added to the 2. That's not the original SGS2!

Last edited by Centauri39; 18th September 2012 at 13:36.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th September 2012, 16:12
Supporter

Car: 2007 Silver Type R GT
I've got the Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and only had my type r about 4 weeks. I struggled at first to pair the phone but eventually got it sorted and it works great.

I leave my bluetooth on and as soon as i get in the car the phone auto pairs without having to touch the phone. I usually put my phone in the centre console where the slider is which seems to work fine.

I can voice dial numbers through the HFT system and also store numbers by name and voice activate a call by saying the persons name you want to ring.

I have still had a call going when i have got to my destination and on a number of times i have picked my phone up pressed the speaker button which has a green light against it and the call leaves the HFT system and i can carry the call on my phone.

I have not tried the driving mode to see if i can text through it so will give it a go and see if it works for you.

Hope this helps
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 25th September 2012, 15:19
Supporter

Car: Civic 2012 2.2 i-DTEC ES-T
I'm not mistaken in saying that my model (2012 ES-T) does not have that functionality, right? I mean I can make a call using the PHONE voice activation (like SVoice for instance - I have a Samsung Galaxy S3), but there's no voice activation in the car, right? Cause there is a mic on the satnav, but I have only 2 phone related buttons at the bottom of the wheel, not 3... That's a pity....

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page