Satnav Questions re HFT - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th June 2011, 09:41 Thread Starter

Questions re HFT

My wife picked up her Civic EX yesterday, and I have a question:

The cars original manual was not with the car, so the dealership supplied a new one as replacement.

In it, it gives instructions for pairing your phone up - done this with no problems.

We also stored numbers in the directory using the voice commands with no problem (maximum of 50 I believe).

However it also tells you to go into the "mobile phonebook" on the Sat Nav, to enable you to store thousands of names / numbers in the directory, and automatically import the numbers from your mobile.

The instructions for doing this in the manual are either via the relative menu on the Sat Nav Screen, or via the voice command "MOBILE PHONEBOOK".

There is no such menu on the Sat Nav system (as far as I can see), and the voice command phrase "MOBILE PHONEBOOK" is not recognised.

I am either being very dim and can't find a menu that must be staring me in the face, or the manual is a post 2009 one, and the car (2006) does not actually have this option.

Any assistance ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th June 2011, 10:04

Car: 57 1.8 EX NHB
I know you can add phone numbers to favourite places on the sat nav, and don't think you can do that via voice, nor import from mobile. I've got a 2007 car so will have the same setup.

It'd not be that great a system to have to scan through all your favourite places to find the number you want either I've got around 30 entries in there atm and even with categories it can be difficult. I'd stick with the 50 voice command phone book entries
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th June 2011, 10:07 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Thanks for the reply. I am aware you can save numbers in the address field of your Sat Nav, but the manual also suggests you have a specific mobile phonebook.

It even shows a screenshot of the menu in the manual, and its a menu I cannot find anywhere.

I am thinking it must be a post 2009 feature.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th June 2011, 16:22
Supporter

Car: 07 NHB CTR GT NAV/HFT
never heard of this option, why dont you ask the dealer to show you..?as i would like to know aswell
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th June 2011, 16:45

In pre-facelift models, you can add 50 numbers to your HFT one by one, which is a very annoying procedure and should be done with a running engine to prevent a flat battery.
But the navīs phone book and the according option to synchronise it with your cell phone is only available for facelift models, unfortunately.

Btw. this canīt be solved with any software update, because itīs a matter of the hardware fitted.

Last edited by Centauri39; 10th June 2011 at 16:51.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10th June 2011, 16:54
Peanut butter and Jelly

Car: 2007 2.2-EX in Galaxy Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centauri39 View Post
In pre-facelift models, you can add 50 numbers to your HFT one by one, which is a very annoying procedure and should be done with a running engine to prevent a flat battery.
But the navīs phone book and the according option to synchronise it with your cell phone is only available for facelift models, unfortunately.

Btw. this canīt be solved with any software update, because itīs a matter of the hardware fitted.
+1
yup it's a pain but the only way around it is to replace the hardware which at last count I was quoted Ģ1200!!! (also have a pre facelift 57 plate)

having your addy book imported is handy but it's not 1200 quids worth of handy
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th June 2011, 16:06

Well, thatīs Honda and their accessory prices:
A neverending horror movie!

Did you know they charge costumers for 400€ for a simple pair of mouldings like these (the red ones below the doors, made of plastic). This doesnīt include the one on the front bumper and not the rear spoiler.
Thatīs absolutely sick, isnīt it?

(Thats not my car... )

Last edited by Centauri39; 11th June 2011 at 16:23.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11th June 2011, 16:51

Car: 2008 2,2 i-CTDi 5D
Eco display
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12th June 2011, 02:32
Supporter

Whats the part that costs Ģ1200. that will upgrade my 07 to the newer facelist Phonebook

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page