Alarm alarm & double lock on dutch EX - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 27th May 2007, 22:48 Thread Starter

alarm & double lock on dutch EX

After reading through the manual and this forum it's not clear to me what I should expect from the double-lock mechanism and the installed alarm. After experimenting a couple of minutes ago I found that pressing the lock button on my remote (while sitting in my car) locks the doors but allows to open them by pressing the door-locks at the inside of the car: no alarm is sounded. After pressing the remote twice an alarm will sound if the door is opened from the inside using the lock-levers. However, the door WILL open: no double-lock. So it seems that pressing the remote twice will only activate the alarm. However, this alarm will only sound when openening the door without unlocking it with a key or a remote. Smashing the window (although I haven't tried this of couse), touching the vehicle, wiggling it from left to right, touching and attempting to open with the outside door handles will NOT sound the alarm.

My conclusion : the double-lock is not present on the dutch model of the EX and the installed alarm is a joke. One can smash my windows, steal my laptop (yes I agree, it should not be left in the car) or mobile and no noise will be made!

This can't be true, can it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 27th May 2007, 23:17

I have the Sport and the alarm on this version don't have the sensors. So with my car the alarm goes of with the opening of the doors, boot and bonnet. The double locking works good on my car. Press two times and it is impossible to open the car with the leaver or the unlock-button on the drivers door. Only the key will open it.

I believe the Executive has the added sensors for movement inside the car, but you can bypass them for if you have a animal in the car. Or maybe the the sensors are faulty or covered in your car? They are located in the ceiling with the interior lighting.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 27th May 2007, 23:22 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I have the Sport and the alarm on this version don't have the sensors. So with my car the alarm goes of with the opening of the doors, boot and bonnet. The double locking works good on my car. Press two times and it is impossible to open the car with the leaver or the unlock-button on the drivers door. Only the key will open it.

I believe the Executive has the added sensors for movement inside the car, but you can bypass them for if you have a animal in the car. Or maybe the the sensors are faulty or covered in your car? They are located in the ceiling with the interior lighting.
The EX has no inside sensors. I know what they would look like, they are not there. And the double-lock simply doesn't work with me: I'm able to open the doors from the inside with the mechanical lock-lever (not the actual door-handle on the inside itself)...

How do you know your alarm wil go off when opening the door if you can't open it from the double-lock position? I'm sure you haven't forced your door open ?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 28th May 2007, 10:32

Are you sure you have an EX then? In my 2007 Civic Manual it says the Executive has the sensors.

As I said the alarm also go of on the bonnet so when you sit inside and put on the double locking, just pop the hood and all hell brake loose. If this don't work with you I say you should contact you dealer.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 28th May 2007, 11:19
Supporter

Are you doing two quick double presses of the alarm button?

I did this for a few weeks and then found sitting in my car, I could still open the door.

If I leave a second or two between presses, the superlock activates, and the door lock becomes inoperative.

Does the Dutch EX have the HFT unit? The UK EX has two ultra sonic sensors clearly visible on the HFT unit.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 28th May 2007, 11:28 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_b View Post
Are you doing two quick double presses of the alarm button?

I did this for a few weeks and then found sitting in my car, I could still open the door.

If I leave a second or two between presses, the superlock activates, and the door lock becomes inoperative.

Does the Dutch EX have the HFT unit? The UK EX has two ultra sonic sensors clearly visible on the HFT unit.
Hi Paul,

Yes, I did a rather quick 'doubleclick' on the remote. I will try and do it again this afternoon with a clear 3 second interval to see how this makes a difference. I do not have the HFT neither satnav (I'm not going to spend 2600 euro's on a satnav system !) and I absolutely do not have the sensors as they are displayed in the manual.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 28th May 2007, 15:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odiebla View Post
Yes, I did a rather quick 'doubleclick' on the remote. I will try and do it again this afternoon with a clear 3 second interval to see how this makes a difference. I do not have the HFT neither satnav (I'm not going to spend 2600 euro's on a satnav system !) and I absolutely do not have the sensors as they are displayed in the manual.
Well, I've tried again. The delay doesn't change the behaviour: the door will unlock at any time. After setting the alarm, it will sound when trying to start the car, opening the hood and opening the doors from the inside. Any movement in the car will not do anything, so there are definetely no cabin-sensors in my car
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 28th May 2007, 16:36
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Are you sure you have an EX then? In my 2007 Civic Manual it says the Executive has the sensors.

As I said the alarm also go of on the bonnet so when you sit inside and put on the double locking, just pop the hood and all hell brake loose. If this don't work with you I say you should contact you dealer.
I have a Ex (without satnav) and no alarm sensor. The Alarm sensor should be on the Ex with Satnav.

Double locking dont work also... One single push on the button lock the doors and you cant operate them from the inside.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 28th May 2007, 17:40

Car: 2006 2.2 Stage3
Hi,

I'm from Spain. I've a EX with navigation system and it has no sensors nor double lock.

Regards from Spain!

Last edited by ayasystems; 28th May 2007 at 17:43.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 3rd June 2007, 17:27
Supporter

Car: 13 CRV / 14 Accord / 04 S2K
I think only the EX in the UK has the ultrasonic sensors.
Mind that EX in UK is NOT same version as EX for us Euro-mainlanders.
The EX in UK does not have a glass roof.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 4th June 2007, 09:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef View Post
I think only the EX in the UK has the ultrasonic sensors.
Mind that EX in UK is NOT same version as EX for us Euro-mainlanders.
The EX in UK does not have a glass roof.
The dutch/mainland EX does not have SatNav by default. Besides that, 3600 euro's for a satnav kit is way to much.... I'm using a bluetooth GPS receiver on my smartphone: less slick, as useful and only a fraction of the costs...
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 4th June 2007, 09:28

try to move your keys away from the car for 10-20 metres.
then the alarm will sound on opening the doors from inside or movements.
i guess there's some kind of sensor for key presence.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 23rd June 2007, 23:24
Type EX,A guy called Mark

Car: 2015 Peugeot 208 GTI, 208BHP
my uk EX with satnav does have double locking and sensors.

I went shopping in tesco's for some milk and locked the misses in, she was not happy when I come out with the alarm going off.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 24th June 2007, 00:08
12th June 2006 1.8EX

Quote:
Originally Posted by markvirgo View Post
my uk EX with satnav does have double locking and sensors.

I went shopping in tesco's for some milk and locked the misses in, she was not happy when I come out with the alarm going off.

Bet the missus does the shopping in future
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 24th June 2007, 00:29
Type EX,A guy called Mark

Car: 2015 Peugeot 208 GTI, 208BHP
She normally does but as you know a woman cannot shop quick when you are in a hurry.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 24th June 2007, 02:38
djm

The EX sensors (UK) are located in the rooflight panel, recognisable as small circular grilles.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 08:44

Hello ***!

I am from Latvia and i just bought my Civic 5D. I have Ex with SatNavi and without UltraSonic Sensors ((. Looks that in different countries Ex mean different things .
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 11:45
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraud View Post
Hello ***!

I am from Latvia and i just bought my Civic 5D. I have Ex with SatNavi and without UltraSonic Sensors ((. Looks that in different countries Ex mean different things .
Yes, the specs vary through out Europe.
I think most countries specs are more like the ones in Sweden (see link below) than the UK ones.

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 12:57
Resident Medic!

My ES

I think we have the sensors in our ES. There are two little pods, one either side of the front courtesy light poking slightly down and laterally with little grills on the front.

I have not tried setting the alarm off.... will do later, but I have assumed this is the ultrasonic sensors you are talking about!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2007, 13:05

I know that some Exe versions have it, but not main . I am thinking to go to dealer and ask how it comes that in some cars you have and some doesn't.

May be some of you know how to engage sound of car alarm? I was trying to beat tiers, i was trying to shake car and still nothing. I know you will ask me do i have car alarm inside.. Yes i have ;P.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page